How much breakage...

Kikootie

is too much? I know that we lose a certain amount of hair everyday, but I get concerned when I hear some of you girls say no hair came out when you wash and do a comb-out. What is the secret? How do you distinguish between what is shed hair and hair that is broken? Should I see same day results with heavy protein treatments? :(

Kikootie said:
is too much? I know that we lose a certain amount of hair everyday, but I get concerned when I hear some of you girls say no hair came out when you wash and do a comb-out. What is the secret? How do you distinguish between what is shed hair and hair that is broken? Should I see same day results with heavy protein treatments? :(

I worry about my hair when others women say they don't have any coming out when they comb-out.
But I do know that the breakage is the little pieces of hair that are around. They're usually about two inches long and shorter.
The shedding is the pieces that are the length of your hair...

Hope this helps a little :ohwell:

How can we stop shedding? Maybe I am loosing strands from where my new growth meets the texurized portion of my hair. I try to be gentle but I don't know what else to do. I used Emergencee once and Keraphix once. Maybe it takes more than one treatment. What are you guy's thoughts?

Kikootie said:
How can we stop shedding? Maybe I am loosing strands from where my new growth meets the texurized portion of my hair. I try to be gentle but I don't know what else to do. I used Emergencee once and Keraphix once. Maybe it takes more than one treatment. What are you guy's thoughts?
I cosign on her concerns. HELP!
P.S. CON shampoo and Suave Awapuhi Conditioner, Infusium Leave in.

Errr, just deleted a long post... I think the most simple and vital thing is to keep the newgrowth and line of demarcation happy and moist :D . I used to get mad breakage, all over the bathroom sink and floor, my mom was angry/ told me I was going bald... until I just started using s- curl on the roots only and voila! problem instantly solved. A little goes a long way too. So before you go for the protein you might wanna see if this makes a difference. Makes me mad about all the hair I've lost over something I thought I was doing :wallbash:. Oh, Silk Elements Liquid Gel is great too, for this.HTH

Your hair sheds when the whole strand comes out from the bulb. Breakage can occur anywhere along the strands especially where splits meet. Just check out the tips of the strands and see if it came off at the scalp with the bulb or if its breakage.

Kikootie said:
Everyone worries a little no matter how much hair comes out.... IMO when you begin to see clumps or more than 100 strands per day, then get worried; when you see thinning to the point you're beginning to see your scalp, worry; when you see that the majority of your hair has white bulbs, worry...
I use protein treatments every 6 days (it works for me). Also I finger comb my hair while water is running through it, making the force of the water the main thing to detangle my hair..... I finger comb to make sure that everything is smoothed out.... :look:

Is your hair still breaking? I would try Nexxus Emergencee every week for 4 weeks followed up by a deep condition for at least 30 minutes until the breakage slows down.

If the breakage has stopped, I would use Emergencee every 4-6 weeks to keep the hair strong.

sky_blu said:
I have alot of breakage too (well too much for me) what protein treatments can I use??

Back