How Much Are You Spending?

On average how much do you spend monthly on hair stuff?

Do you have a hair budget/allowance?

I usually spend freely when it comes go my hair. Sure I use coupon codes and I shop sales, but if I want it I get it. I will make budget cuts elsewhere in the name of beautiful hair:lachen:
I don't have a budget if I want something I purchase it. I do try to catch things on sale though. :poledancer:image.jpg

I don't set a budget either (maybe I should). I'm mostly spending for mutilpes of staple items and delivery charges. It doesn't help that the 'natural' products you use cost an arm and a leg. I spent 50 UK POUNDS on 2 tubs of 16oz KCCC at the BSS the other day:mad:and that is still the cheapest price I can find it! I look for bargains but I am ready to spend where I feel I must lol.

I don't really spend alot on hair products. If I had to guess, maybe 10-20 bucks a month.

However this month i might be spending more. I plan on purchasing a hair dryer, hair color and a highlighting cap

No budget but a nice-sized stash, so I swore off buying/trying 'new' prods. Jan-Mar I'm sure I bought nothing new. But April, I fell off the wagon...so I've probably made up for Jan-Mar :) I've sworn off buying new prods again :)

Being a single full time grad student, I am very frugal when it comes to my porus, somewhat long hair that likes to soak up everything and anything. I do not go over a collective $5 a month unless my stash is depleted. I wash and style 2x a week so I go through a ton of product and I'm over spending the $$$$. I rather invest my extra cash on more important things like wine and HBO:look: I recently bought a $10 cowash that's about to be returned because I realized that a measly 12oz would only get me through 1.5 washes. I stick to cheap brands that would last forever like Shea Moisture, Giovanni (get the huge pump bottles at TJ Maxx), and good ole shea butter.

I don't have a budget for hair products. Though I try not to go overboard buying stuff, and have been working for the last 6-7 months to reduce my stash. I don't spend much on any one product usually. I've been wanting to try the Mixed Chicks leave-in for awhile, but can't get over the price tag (though eventually I'll probably suck it up and buy it anyway).

For April so far, I've maybe spent around $50. But most of that went towards stockpiling two of my holy grail products that I was/am worried are being discontinued.

Every four months I usually spend about 40 dollars to pick up some conditioners, etc. so on average about $10 a month.

No budget. I buy what I want, when I want. Luckily, I'm no longer a PJ, so I don't generally spend too much. The most expensive single product I buy is As I Am Double Butter ($25). I always try to find it on sale though. And one can last me 6+ months.

I don't know because I don't really budget for it. I'd say I spend less than $20 a month though. Unless a staple goes on sale. Then I'll buy enough to last 6-8 months and whatever the final price is is what I pay.

We don't have a budget but we do keep track. I went a little crazy over the last few weeks after taking out my protective style. I had two salon blow outs (different salons), a salon trim, a new protective style that I didn't love and a second style by another stylist. I did pay only $7 for my gel at Sally's. It's normally $15.99 but I had coupons and it was on sale. I'm keeping this style in for 8 weeks minimum since I paid basically double for it.

DH got his hair done twice this week too. His stylist ran out of whatever she uses for his locs and used something else she had on hand. They got frizzy within days. She redid them yesterday (half price I think).

We don't have a budget. I buy whatever I need, I don't need much though. I use one single shampoo and one single condish which is also my leave-in. I'm experimenting with WnGs so I'm buying a few gels to see which I will stick to.

I'm home in the US so I'm stocking the hell up on like, the same 3 products :lol: I've spent a pretty penny, but I won't need anything for a LONG time. Beats buying stuff in Europe!

Last edited:
Haircare products is something I like to splurge on. Hair and skincare stuff actually.

Since I'm not a product junkie jumping on every bandwagon, my hair expenditures no longer embarrass me.

I have staples that I simply repurchase, and an occasional try-it product every other month or so.

I don't have a budget, but now I only allow myself to repurchase staples or try a new product once a month/any time I use up another product. Buying so many products really backfired on me when I started this hair journey- it made my hair worse.

No but I desperately need a hair product budget especially today more than any other time. I wonder what would be an ample amount to put aside for my monthly hair product purchases?

Okay let's see...I currently spend at least $250 - $400 a month right now (sorry but I love and use Kerastase, Pureology, Matrix and Redken Hair Products) on hair products. But I honestly don't need to, so I will cut it back to $100 a month until I can comfortably get it to no more than $60 a month.

Looks like I will be needing to purchase only during deep sales and ONLY when I NEED products:yep:. This will not be easy for me but I have to give it a really strong effort :strong:. This effort starts now.

No but I desperately need a hair product budget especially today more than any other time. I wonder what would be an ample amount to put aside for my monthly hair product purchases?

Okay let's see...I currently spend at least $250 - $400 a month right now (sorry but I love and use Kerastase, Pureology, Matrix and Redken Hair Products) on hair products. But I honestly don't need to, so I will cut it back to $100 a month until I can comfortably get it to no more than $60 a month.

Looks like I will be needing to purchase only during deep sales and ONLY when I NEED products:yep:. This will not be easy for me but I have to give it a really strong effort :strong:. This effort starts now.

My goodness. I know you've got a lot of hair.....but are you heavy-handed?

I try to have a budget. I currently spend 100-120 USD/ month but half of that goes to vitamins really...it is a bit too much for a single part time student but 1. I don't buy monthly products just vits ( takes me about 6-8 weeks to get through a 12 oz DC jar) and 2. I'm still trying to find my HG products, when i do that amount will significantly decrease

Nice thread OP

I might start putting aside a set amount (ex $10 a week) for hair purchases and appointments. Now that I live near a Paul Mitchell school I'll be able to get my hair straightened for cheap:evilbanana:

If I don't have it in the hair fund then I don't need it:naughty:

Dave Ramsey got me acting funny with my money

Back