How many products in your regime?

Wandabee

I work with three women with extremely long hair and they all advocate "the simple regime". One of them goes to the salon for all of her needs except cutting and the other two say that they use no more than four products on their hair including shampoo and conditioner. Two of them don't even know how to use a curling iron, but all of them agree that the hood dryer is essential to the health of their hair. :ohwell:

I have very short hair but my texture is the same as the woman with hip legnth hair. She told me to use main and tail shampoo and conditiner and to never ever overlap a relaxer. I'm takeing her advice on that but now I need the perfect moisturizer and regime. I'll have long locks in no time. I've been measuring my growth since September 2007 and I get 0.2" per week. That means my hair grows 10" per year even though I can't account for where my legnth goes.:nono:

Anyway I just wanted to know what yall use to give me some ideas. :babyg:

well i dont wanan say i have a lot of products but i have a few.....

i think all you need basically is

a good moisturizing shampoo
a great deep conditioner
a good detangling leave in
a good daily moisturizer
i also have serum for frizz and some gel for emergencies but i hardly ever use it.
If you want you can add oil sheen but i hardly use that either...

I use four products regularly:

Shampoo bar
Conditioner
Aloe Vera Gel
Moisturizer

Three irregularly:
Relaxer
Protein Treatment (for when I relax)
and now henna

I only use 4. I hate to have more than that because i'm not a fan of clutter.
ORS creamy Aloe shampoo
Pantene R&N conditioner
ORS hair mayo
ORS Carrot oil

Hmmmm... let's see

staples:

Moisturizing conditioner
Moisturizing shampoo
Protein conditioner
Leave - in
Gel
Jojoba oil

These are things I mix in with products/ use once and a while:

Baking soda ( for monthly clarifying)
Aloe vera (I mix it into my condiioner)
A scalp treatment (for scalp health and hair growth - I use it off and on every other month)

I can see people using only 4 products. I have 6 main products myself.

It is best to simplify your regimen imo. No need for 20 products if you have a few good products that work for you.

Hmmm...now that I think about it, I rarely use more than 4 items at one time. However, I do rotate them. For example, from Jan-Mar. I may use the same 4 products but then from Apr-June, I'll use 4 different ones (though I really don't keep track of the length of time). I do this mainly because I bore easily and also because I like to see how my hair reacts to different products. There are few products I've used on my hair that have made me say "WOW, this is it!" SO i guess I'm still looking. What I have started doing is going towards all natural, organic products to see if it makes any difference. I suppose time will tell. :grin:

I use Lekair Condtioner, Organics Leave in, Shea butter, Coconut and Papaya Cream. I use Baking soda once a month to clarify and ACV rinse every time I wash or CW

Ummm let me see my regimen consist of the following:

Pre-Po Treatment: Ojon Restorative
Cleansing Conditioners/Deep conditioners/Moisturizing Conditioners: WEN (fig, tea tree, Lavender)
Protein Conditioners: ORS Hair Mayo, Aphogee 2 Min
Leave-in: Ojon Revitalizing Mist
Serum: CHI Silk Infusion
Moisturizers: Jane Carter Hair Nourishing Cream, Ojon Tawaka Cream
Oils: Jojoba Oil, Castor Oil
Styling Products: Ojon Styling Paste

*Oh and sulfur 8 for my hair line. I get flaky's around there*

I know this is more than four products but for me they are all essential to my regimen. I had to kiss a lot of hair product frogs before I found my staple products, now Im just happy to know what works for my hair.

You may have to try several moisturizers before you find the right one. Good Luck!!!

Do these women have relaxed hair? :look:

My hair need special care because of relaxers. Yes I think it is possible to only have a shampoo, conditioner, moisturizer that can double as a leave in and a serum for heat styling.

But, I also must have my deep treatment of choice for strength, I need my oil for sealing, clarifying shampoo as needed.

I use

Clarifying Shampoo (a must)
Mositurizing shampoo
Rinse out conditioner
Deep conditioner (moisturizing)
Light protein conditioner
Leave in conditioner

I also have oils and butters that I use. I don't use all of these at once, but I think that they are important for me and my hair.

For my regime I use:

Good DC
Good diluted Poo
Good Detangling Leave-In
Good Oil Sealant
Good Moisutizer

Thats it. I just have a bunch of each... like 7 diff condish, but I do have a fave.

I have a lot of hair products. I've got 4 different shampoos, 4 conditioners, (2 deep, 2 rinse out) 1 leave in, 1 sheen spray, olive oil, foam wrap, hair polish, moisturizer, spray bottle of water, thickening cream and spritz (which I dont use much). I might be missing a few things out.
Well anyway, all these things I have are good with my hair so I use different things at different times. For example, I've got 4 different shampoos for 4 different reasons. 1 is a clarifying, 1 is a moisturizing, 1 is a neutralizing and I is a volumizing. So depending on my hairs needs I will use whichever 1 of those shampoos.
I then deep condition with both my deep conditioners coz 1 is a protein and 1 is a moisturizing. Then put my leave in. The oil is for sealing after I put the moisturizer on and the sheen spray and polish and thickening cream and spritz and foam wrap are for styling. The water is for rollersetting and the cheap conditioners are for co washes. I rarely co wash though.

So basically I have plenty of stuff but I only use ones I need. I have different types for different times when my hair needs it.

Lol sorry 4 typing so much!

I have a lot of products due to past pjism, but eventually they will get used.

For my regimen I need:

prepoo : oil or conditioner
chelating shampoo
moisturizing deep conditioners (protein/protein free)
collagen/ceramide light protein conditioners
leave in conditioner
daily moisturizer
oils/butters to seal and for scalp

I'm so ashamed to say... but I'm officially a PJ... I have 10 products in my regime....

Shampoo: NTM
Conditioners: Suave (co-washes), LeKair Cholesterol (pre-poos)
Oils: Castor, Olive, WGO
Leave-In: Sta-Sof-Fro
Styling: Ampro Clear Gel
Others: Honey, mixed in my conditioners

Thats a shame, yall!

HoneyDew, I see that you are sick today. I hope you'll feel better soon. :nono:

Two shampoos, one conditioner, and 4 different oils....

Gro-aut shampoo
Jojoba shampoo with rosemary oil
Jojoba conditioner with tea trea and chamomile
Coconut oil
Gro-aut oil
Bhringraj oil
Mahabhringraj oil

Do these women have relaxed hair? :look:

My hair need special care because of relaxers. Yes I think it is possible to only have a shampoo, conditioner, moisturizer that can double as a leave in and a serum for heat styling.

But, I also must have my deep treatment of choice for strength, I need my oil for sealing, clarifying shampoo as needed.

Yes all of them have relaxed hair:yep:

Back