How Many Ounces of Shampoo Do You Use Per Wash?

Less than an ounce..I use a pointed applicator bottle and apply directly to my scalp.

Last edited:
I think it depends on the shampoo and concentration. I use about a dime-size (1-2 tsp) and this amount does a good job of washing my hair.

At the moment, in rotation, I'm using Bee-mine moisturizing shampoo and Camille Rose Naturals Clean Rinse.

Maybe a dime to quarter size. I use CD Rosemary Mint shampoo. The 8oz bottle lasts a year for me.

TOO much. I recently tried Giovanni's tea tree oil. I've used it twice and almost half has gone.
I'm going back to shampoo bars.

About an ounce of suave clarifying shampoo every 4-6 weeks or so. I find it hard not to go over board and to lazy to dilute something I hardly use.

Less than an ounce. I have a TWA and I use the same amount as I did when I was approaching APL. I mostly use shampoo for my scalp and let it sorta run down the rest of my hair.

I mixed maybe a half and a quarter of two different shampoo's then fill up with water in a squirt bottle and then just keep adding water.

About a quarter size amount, a little more now that my hair is long.

But the shampoo i'm using now sucks. I wash twice with almost a palm full.

Probably a quarter sized amount. I am currently using Shea Moisture Moisture Retention Shampoo. It makes lot and lots of suds. I have a TWA btw.

Back