How many of you are in constant battle with...

Erica78

Coils coils & more coils!
split ends? I just went in for a trim...and I am still seeing splits. Over-all My hair is in very good shape. I just don't want my hard work to go down the drain. No matter what I do...small trims...cuts...keeping my ends moisturized... misting with distilled water...laying off of heat....protein treatments... protective styling..I still see a good number of them...

I know that it is impossible to be 100% split end free. I am just wondering what some of you ladies are doing to help prevent more of them? I won an auction for some of that Tigi Bed Head Ego Boost on ebay that so many have raved about.. Hopefully it will help me with them.

Erica have you tried a cellophane (sebastian colourshines) treatment after a cut? It supposed to "seal the ends".

Thanks for the reply Brooke. I have never heard of this method before. Could you tell me more about it?

Sorry to say this again. But I love to put Bag Balm on my hair. It works for me but may be too heavy for some people. I have been using it for about 10 yrs +

I have never heard of bag balm before
smile.gif
. Right now...the only things I use on my ends are coconut oil and Vatika. They both keep my ends and hair very moisturized. I think I need to use a strengthener on them before mositurizing. Hopefully the Ego Booster will do the trick. What is bag balm?

It is a grease that the farmers put on cows to keep them from getting chapped when milking. Look up Bag balm from a few weeks ago when I mentioned it. Just about everyone thought I was CRAZY! Well... I am a little crazy.

I bumed a thread on colourshines, also:

Sebastian colourshines is a line of hair rinses that coats the hair shaft and promotes shine. You can apply it yourself or have it done at a salon. The rinses come in various shades but there is also a clear one that adds no color. They last about a month.

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showflat.php?Cat/0/Number/260022/page//view//sb/5/o/all/fpart/all/vc/1

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=382223&page=0&view=&sb=5&o=all&fpart=all&vc=1&PHPSESSID=

I have this problem and sometimes it's half way up my hair shaft. I have some Bag Balm too, you know this could be an excellent solution for my ends!! What about the smell lingering?? I'm gonna try this when I get home. Thanks!!

Sometimes, I get split ends from the roots.
rofl.gif

I'm pretty sure this all has to do with the way I handle my hair sometimes.
look.gif

The vaselined braided bun Monday - Friday prevents damage to my ends. However, my stylists and I still dueled like demons
swordfight.gif
over whether or not I needed a trim after the touchup on Friday.

It's the new growth that I'm in constant battle with these days...

I've started putting Age Recharge on my ends, the night before I do a CO wash and the nights before my regular wash. My ends look really good ...even better than before.

[ QUOTE ]
Brooke007 said:
Erica have you tried a cellophane (sebastian colourshines) treatment after a cut? It supposed to "seal the ends".

[/ QUOTE ]

Brooke, you just gave me a great idea!!
think.gif
I'm getting my touchup/trim next week - I'm definitely going to use my Adore clear rinse at the first wash afterwards, to try and seal my ends!! Thanks!!!
smile.gif

I wear my hair in a phony-pony or bun everyday, and I haven't needed a trim since last summer. I also use profectiv healthy ends cream on the last 3-4 inches of my hair twice a day, and I heat style like every 1-2 months.

Thank you ladies for your advice. I will be trying out a few of your methods. One thing that I noticed tonight is that the majority of my splits are in the back of my hair. I am going to start parting my hair in sections for conditioning...applying my coconut oil and ego boost..from now on. I need to do this now...especially since new growth is coming in thick. Megon...before I would have never put vaseline on my ends...but after seeing your results...I will be making a trip out to wal-mart. I will start using it with the baggie method at least twice a week.

Olive oil definitely helped me. Whether it was putting it in a baggie or twice weekly hot oil treatments, I've managed to keep split ends at bay for now.

I stretched my relaxer to 15 weeks for the first time when
I relaxed I asked my stylist did I have any split ends and did my ends look ragady and she said no and I did not really need a trim.
I use Profective Healthy ends and Sta So Fro to keep my ends
healthy and I did have her dust my ends.

Erica, your hair is beautiful so strong and healthy looking I loved your hair journey, very imformative. Do you put any of the oils directly on your scalp or just on the hair? also I started using the Dabur amla hair oil(the smell is a little strong) I only use a little bit. Thanks for sharing

Thanks Jancan
smile.gif
I used to put oil on my scalp until I joined the forum. When massage my...scalp I'm sure the oils get on there. When I was adding oil directly to my scalp...I had a problem with it itching. I have never used the Amla oil...but it has helped my mother's hair stay moisturized. I hope it works out for you.

Back