• Depends on my hair needs

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Use commercial/natural products depending on my hair type

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I use whatever works

Votes: 19 17.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I use commercial products because I've found ones that work really well for my hair and I like the convenience of being able to drop by the store and by more when I'm running low (and I find a lot of natural products aren't sold in stores where I live and would have to be ordered online).

I also don't use products that are just marketed to naturals. I use whatever works, and some of what I use is actually marketed to those whose hair is relaxed or chemically treated.

Are using commercial products?

Yes, Suave Tropical Coconut conditoner, Herbal essences Orchid & Coconut conditioner, La Bella gel, Silicon mix

Have you used natural products too?

Aubrey organics, Avalon, I also use natural butters: coconut butter, coconut oil, whipped shea butter, avocado butter

If so how do they compare?

About the same I found that suave coconut is one the best for my curls overall and it's cheaper than anyting else.

Does your hair type also determine whether or not you use natural hair products exclusively?

No, whatever works even if it's geared for a certain hairtype, if it works I still use it.

Are using commercial products? Yes I use AO conditioners Vo5 and many other commerical products. I use Qhemet Biologics which is a commercial line of natural products.

Have you used natural products too? I use shea butter, essential oils, nettle, msm and many other natural products.
If so how do they compare? I like all of the products that I use, however, I am leary of some of the ingredients listed in some of the commercial products.
Does your hair type also determine whether or not you use natural hair products exclusively? No.

Yes
Yes

umm I like the commercial products better--more slip and I'm not scared of cones. Trader Joe's Nourish Spa was the only good natural conditioner I found. I'll use whatever makes my hair feel good honestly.
Does your hair type also determine whether or not you use natural hair products exclusively?

LUV your siggy pic update, your hairs grown alot.

the commercial products i use are:
vo5 conditioners
HE conditioners
ORS mayo treatment

i think thats it

on how they compare: they dont. commercial products that are great are few and far between. natural products are very important in my regi and ofcourse i think they are much healthier.

I use a good mix of things. I use White Rain tropical coconut and ocean mist to CO wash. Bronner shikakai soap to shampoo, Cabellina del Caballos and Nature's Gate jojoba and Mill Creek keratin are favorite conditioners and Traders Joes Nourish Spa and Giovanni smooth as silk deeper moisture and triple treat tea tree conditioners are very nice. I make up herbal tea rinses weekly, all differents kinds, and use a homemade coconut milk, yogurt, molasses, honey, egg powder, aloe vera hair mask weekly and I use a homemade leave-in of aloe vera, rose water, castor oil, wheat protein, panthenol. honeyquat, SAA when I don't use Taliah Wajid protective bodifying mist or JFM hair milk straightening mist. I do want to try David Babaii for Wildaid with wild orchid, blue algae, and cupuacu butter hydrating conditioner and the Pantene Nature Fusion moisture balance with cassia, calendula, ginger and aloe vera. I use both Aubrey Organics gels when I need a gel -- the b-5 and ginkgo/ginseng. I pre-poo with coconut oil and seal with shea butter, camellia oil. I add babassu and coconut and aloe vera to my conditioners.

Last edited:

No

Yes

I use Aubrey Organics conditioners, for cowashing. For my hair type which is 3c/4a, it works well. For slip, AO white camellia works good. I usually have no problem with slip, I have a water filter so my hair feels soft from my water, hard water can also effects the performance of your conditioners. Also as a deep treatment I use brahmi and marshmallow powder, marsh powder has lots of slip.
Deep treat once a month with henna, bentonite and tulsi, all separate treatments.
Wash once a month with AO rosa mosquita shampoo.

No, it's all in the mind. At first I thoght I couldn't live without commercial products, now it's the other way around.

I ask cause while I'mr pro natural, my hair lacks getting slip form the natural products I have. I'm wondering if I should start using products that contain "cones" in order to have that slip and have easier detangling

Wanna know y'all thoughts and experiences
I use commercial products and natural ones.

I have recently began to look at some natural alternatives so the jury is still out. So far, so good though. I have sensitive skin so I am hoping by using natural things and making things myself it will make it easier for me to pinpoint what's not good for me.

No, just use what works best, were it comes from is just a plus if it's favorable.

Yes. I use Curls Products and Neutrogena Triple Moisture Conditioner

Yes. I use Coconut Oil, Olive Oil, Cassia and just purchase Unrefined Shea Butter

I use them for different things so there is no comparison.[/COLOR]

Hair typing is irrelevant to me. Hair is hair and it likes what it likes. No two heads are alike despite what the hair type hype says.

Aloe vera gelly, ACV, coconut oil and Trader Joe's are about the extent of my natural hair care experimentation. The TJ conditioner doesn't do much for me, although the other three are staples. I use mostly commercial conditioners for cowashing and DCing. I have determined that my hair doesn't mind what I use, although the more expensive it is, the better it seems to work. My hair has champagne taste, beer money.

Back