How many naturals are bag(gie) ladies?

Mahalialee4

I was thinking of trying the baggie method for a while and I was wondering if I could get some updates from natural ladies or naturally curly ladies as to your success with this method? Could you be specific in what products you are using and if you do this 24-7 or however? Do you braid your hair first? How often do you shampoo or are you con wash only? Thanks for replies. Bonjour.

Here's my 2 1/2 cents

I'm transitioning to natural and have been using the baggie method every day since March of this year. I co-wash every night. Use Surge and WGO on my scalp and NTM - Silk Touch leave to my hair while it is still damp. I apply FOTE Aloe Vera Gel throughout the hair and Elastra QP mango butter on the edges. I brush my hair back into the pony tail. I coat all of the hair in the pony tail including the ends with Mango Butter baggie it up and tie with a silk scarf for the night. In the morning I put a phony pony tail over the baggie.

I have only been able to find 2 split ends in my hair since March and I haven't had any problem with my permed ends breaking off. I plan on continuing with the baggie method even after I'm done transitioning. This seems very effective in retaining length.

i started since i am now able to pull my hair into one ponytail with ease with half shrunken hair...

i put on curly buttercreme and then olive oil one nite and left it on til some time that next day it wasnt all soaked in yet...maybe i put on way too much...but when it did soak in my ends felt like a baby's bottom....

later that day i did a deep conditioning...

i think thats how it went down...lol....

anyways this is my new once a week thing...pre-treatment for deep conditioning...

my hair isnt long enough to get into a ponytai. but when it is, ill definitely be doing the baggie method. it helped me a lot when i was relaxed and im sure it'll help now that im natural

I did it at night when I was transitioning. I used S-curl in the bag and numerous other moisturizers on my hair. I didn't use the baggie during the day, because I didn't have a phony bun. I have one now, but I don't like it.

My hair is now much shorter and has different lengths. I can put a lot of it back in a small pony tail, so I could technically start the baggie method again. I want to at least start doing it at night. Ideally, I'd like it to be a 24/7 thing, at least for a few weeks. But I have to find something I like to cover it. I'd also have to figure out what moisturizers I would use, as I no longer use S-curl. I suppose I would use avocado butter and maybe a bit of oil....just a bit because my hair doesn't seem to like too much oil.

I cowash daily, because I have hair as dry as the desert. I need all the moisture I can get. Even though I am not currently using the baggie method, I spritz my ends throughout the day with a distilled water/conditioner combination.

So yeah, I'll be back to the baggie, especially when my hair gets a bit longer.

I baggie in the winter months over nightand it really helps keep my hair moist and pliable. No breaking or splitting. It's wonderful!

I do it 5-6 days/week, used to do it w/ EVOO but I've been doing it w/ MTG ever since I started using it on my scalp, so far so good. One benefit from my consistent baggying has been rarely finding split ends on my hair :up:

I do it everynight. Instead of a baggie, I use one of those jherie curl caps from walmart. I oil my scalp & put a shea butter on my ends, the cap and cover with my regular scarf. My ends are in way better shape than before I started doing this.

Back