How many DON'T HAVE A REGIMEN?

Whimsy

I know creating the perfect regimen for your needs is a bit of trial and error, but how many of you have been pursuing your goal length WITHOUT a specific regimen?

I don't think I have a specific regimen, but I do know what products and ingredients my hair does/doesn't like. The only thing I know I have to do is keep it moisturized. That's the only thing I struggle with.

I don't really have a specific one anymore. My hair seems to be doing better since I stopped stressing over which day to shampoo or how to wear it, etc. I shampoo when my hair is dirty or when I have time. I texlax every 10-12 weeks and sometimes I forget and know it's time when I feel like my NG is too thick. My hair has actually done better on my non-regimen- regimen. LOL!

I need to work on making a regimen. I guess my only issue is the whole protein mositure balance thing and making my new growth soft and easy to comb.

I don't think I have a specific regimen, but I do know what products and ingredients my hair does/doesn't like. The only thing I know I have to do is keep it moisturized. That's the only thing I struggle with.

Same here! Moisture is the only think I know for sure I must have. For example, this morning is super cold in the NE so I put some 'Butter Me Up' from Blended Beauty on the ends and sealed with Monoi De Tahiti oil and put some Giovanni Direct Leave-in on top of my cornrows and tied it down. At first, I thought my hair wouldn't like thick creams but this product is not greasy, I think I like it. I do not like Butter Me Up on wet hair though. It seems like my hair can't get enough of it and I have to keep re-applying :nono: porosity issue, dunno.

i dont have a regimen yet..im still at the beginning phase of hair care and beginning to realise what my hair dislikes eg s curl it made me shed, ors olive oil just sits on my hair but still learning everyday and K.I.S.S ing

The only thing I've stuck with is no heat, manipulation and satin scarf. Other than that, I don't have a solid regimen.

:nono: I don't have one. I mean, not a solid one. I wash and dc once/wk and moisturize daily. I go to the salon every other week to get a roots only blow out. I stretch for 12 wks or more. That's about it. But I would like to have a good regi by my 1 yr (lhcf) anniversary, which will be in March.

I too do not have a set regimen. I've only been on the journey for a few months now, but I can already tell if I'm not careful I could turn into a PJ REAL QUICK!:grin::nono: So I am trying to be careful about what I do/try. Has anyone had success without a rigid regimen? My hair seems to like different things at different times so its kinda hard right now to find something that sticks all the time!:wallbash:

I don't have a regimen, I think when you put too much into something it most likely will fail.

It's good to just go with the flow with anything and with the hair also.

:nono: I don't have one. I mean, not a solid one. I wash and dc once/wk and moisturize daily. I go to the salon every other week to get a roots only blow out. I stretch for 12 wks or more. That's about it. But I would like to have a good regi by my 1 yr (lhcf) anniversary, which will be in March.

sounds like a very simple regimen.

I have been on here almost a year and I still dont have a regimen. I was in braids most of 2007 and now im not so I need to develop a regimen but I really dont know how :perplexed

I think it is more important to learn your hair and find the right products. Once one accomplishes this, and figures out what styles work well during their journey then the regimen will come. For myself, I think once the health of my hair improves, then I will be able to have a set schedule. Listening to what your hair needs IS more important than what treatment you have scheduled for your hair!

WHAT!?! No Reggie!?!:blush: Whatchoo talkin bout Willis!?!

I guess that song on Different Strokes was right...

"Now, the world don't moooove to the beat of just one drum,
What might be right for you, may not be right for some":band2:

I don't have a regimen, because I'm still trying to find my staples. Once I've accomplish this then I'll start building up a regimen. To be honest, I haven't been taking it very seriously. However, it's one of my goals this year.

I don't have one anymore. Life has gotten so busy that my hair regimen just got lost in it all. I don't even remember the dates of my last relaxers anymore. I'm going with it as I go along now. I've been wearing my hair out more, doing cute styles with flexi rollers :grin: and just having fun with my hair. But I am scared I may regret this since I still do want to get to waistlength. I don't want to slow the the fast train I was on when I was getting to BSL. :grin: lol.

I've tried regimines and I have certain products I reach for often, but my hair and I have never gotten along, despite my best efforts. So I don't have a regimine, I just rotate a few favorite products, moisturize it most nights and tend to my ends daily (moisturizing and tucking them away). And it grows, so it's a'ight for me.

Back