How long..

chocolatejalapeno

does your dominican rollersetting and wrap last ? I have permed 4a/b hair with a little new growth. I want to get a
roller/wrap at a domincan salon. I was wondering how long it would last. Will it get my newgrowth straight ? Also those of you that get the roller/wrap done how do you maintain it. What products do you put on your hair after you get it done? Thanks

L.

I haven't been to one in a while but when i use to go (wkly), it will last as long as you keep your hair wrapped up at night (doobie) and maybe put a little oil on your ends (very little bit) and sheen spray (ie. Isoplus - smells like cotton candy
lick.gif
). Let them blow your roots (only) straight (after you get out from under the dryer with the rollers), that would give you the appearance of having a fresh relaxer.

I agree. I go weekly. I have thin hair so by the end of the week my hair is limp and in need of a wash again. I don't put anything on my hair in between. when I go, before they blow it they put something called "Perfect for Perms" in my hair and that keeps my hair moisturized all week. If you have thicker hair you may need to add some oil sheen or something. I wrap my hair nightly and put on a silk scarf. The blow out to me last longer when you just let them blow the roots because when I unwrap it every morning there is still a bend on the ends. It gets your new growth straight as if you had a perm.

Thank you guys for responding. :-) I will tell her defiently to blow the roots. Will it still give the same results as if it was fully blown out?

You will still get the same results as if your hair was fully blown. BLowing the roots will only make the roots straight almost as if u just got a touch-up straight. It also loosens the curls from the rollers. I use to go every week and my wrap would last for the week. I would put nothing on my hair in between really b/c it would make it fall limp. The only thing I applied was a little creme moisturizer to the sides of my hair to keep it smooth.

To me fully blown out is too much. I like my hair to have a little 'bounce' ya know. Wrapping it afterwards keeps my hair straight but not bone straight and my ends have a really nice loose curl to it
smile.gif

Thanks you guys for all your help. I hope my hair comes out nice and silky :-0 I think I am going to use JF Mositure Remedy for my edges and use Motions oil sheen when I wrap my hair at night. This will be my first time going. Wish me luck
look.gif

When I used to go weekly, it would only last about two days. I also wrapped it every night but in the morning there wouldn't be as much curl at the ends like the day I got it done.

Wolftrap, That's the Razac Perfect for Perms leave-in. I love it.

I just had a rollerset on Sunday and he blew out my roots (10 weeks post) and it looks like I got a touchup. He didn't burn me either (go Herman!). Unfortunately, my rollersets dont last long....maybe 3 days the most but even if I wrap it, it ends up looking a little wack...kinda kicking up in the back and whatnot. But the txture lasts all week.

OMG A blowout can last for a long time w/o washing your hair. I had my 1st one on Presidents Day and it felt like a touch up and my hair was swing a matic. It was great. Just wrap it at night and use a moisturizer that doesnt revert your hair and a drop of olive oil it should last for a while

Yeah a little bit of the razac goes a long way too. You don't need to put much to get shine. I'm surprised at you guys that say yours only lasts 3 days. I'm thinking either you have very thin hair or you like your hair to be a little poofy. My mom says hers doesn't last either but she doesn't like her hair flat and straight down. Thats the way I like my hair straight and kind of flat. So if you like it a little poofy looking then I can see you saying it doesn't last.

Back