How long to use hair growth products?

Glib Gurl

Hey Ladies

I just started using some BB Hair Growth Serum. Presuming that it works for me, should I continue to use it once the thin spots have grown in? Or can I stop after that?

The same question applies with other MTG products . . . do I have to use them forever or just until my hair grows back in?

Thanks!

After you've achieved the results you want, I would imagine a really good regimen that balances protein & moisture, & lots of "hair TLC" would be all you need.

Hericane is right...oftentimes, topical growth aids are designed to be a "jump start" of sorts that will get the hair growing then it'll continue to flourish on its own. Hair that doesn't continue to grow probably has some follicular issues. So, the hair may not grow at the same rate without the product, but it should definitely still be growing.

i would suggest that you still use the product, but only sometimes or sparingly. for example i use dr. miracle's temple and nape growth balm ( i don't have any hairline or growth issues; i just use it as part of my regimen.).

-when i first get a touch up i do not use it for the first 6 weeks.
-6 weeks post i use it 2x a week.
-8 weeks post i use it 3x a week.
-9 weeks post i use it 5 days a week (only on my hairline, b/c i stretch my relaxers).
-10 weeks post i use it 7 days a week (hairline only).
-a week before my touch up i don't use it at all, so that my relaxing process won't be disturbed.

hope that helps! :)

Divine Inspiration said:
Hericane is right...oftentimes, topical growth aids are designed to be a "jump start" of sorts that will get the hair growing then it'll continue to flourish on its own.

I agree. I have used many topical growth stimulants and they work great for a while (at least a few months) and then I stop getting the extra growth spurt--however my hair still grows (but a snail's pace).

Back