How Long should I wait to get a corrective?

Tamrin

unapologetic
Last week I finally got touch up after a 31 week stretch. As the stylist was relaxing something in me thought she should have applied the relaxer further down. I had 3.5 inches of NG, I told her, she said when she runs the comb thru the new growth the perm will distribute all the way. After all it looked fine when my hair was finished. I got it blown out.

Well today I washed my hair myself as Im rollersetting, I see all around I have one inch of unpermed hair. If you look at a strand, its permed from root to 2.5 inches, unpermed for 1 inch and then permed all the way to the end. Im afraid Im may start breaking. I have been moisturizing with natural Aloe (from the leaf) and Sealing with oil. So far I have not started to shed. Should I wait? If so how long for a corrective?

Wait as long as you can. I went through his twice this past year and I ended up losing alot of hair because I kept trying to wait. Try to wait as long as you can. When I was going through this, sistaslick told me that underprocessed hair needs more moisture so keep that bad boy conditioned.

Wait as long as you can. I went through his twice this past year and I ended up losing alot of hair because I kept trying to wait. Try to wait as long as you can. When I was going through this, sistaslick told me that underprocessed hair needs more moisture so keep that bad boy conditioned.

Thank you so much. I have been moiturizing twice a day and baby the hair.

I have the same problem you mentioned. Ive stretched for 10 weeks and I am going to get a touch up tomorrow at the salon. Im going to start using Motions or Revlon again because ORS Lye has left me severely underprocessed my last two applications.

I had a semi-disasterous self-relaxing experience last Tuesday, so I know I'll be trying again after six weeks. If I screw up, again, I will have to find a stylist...

Back