How long is too long? Any ladies aspire to have ankle length hair?

I think anything hanging longer than HL is too long for me. Maybe that can be up to TBL stretched but, when you're talking knees and ankles? :nono: Not for me.

Ankle length would be way too long for me. I thought I'd go for classic length, but I'm happy with my current length (just at my crack). :look:

I dont knock the women who do but that is really not for me. I think it would be to hard to protect, and plus im sure it would be heavy.

Naw thats too long for me.......and probably be a chore to wash(i actually enjoy washing/co washing my hair).......to style (then again im natural so it probably would be sl as a wash n go lmao........and also as someone said to heavy( especialy in the shower while washing......even now at bsl-mbl i cant just put my head under the shower for fear of neck spasms lol)

I think maybe the longest would be classic or atleast hair that is within my arms reach

I think hair going down your back is sexy, but past the back starts to seem unsanitary in my head for some reason.

Also, I tend not to admire hair that is overly long like that. The ends usually look crispy and fried, in major need of a cut and then an intense deep condition. :perplexed I find the ladies that have shorter hair (MBL, WL, HL, TBL) have more appealing hair that looks more polished than all that hair dragging with messed up ends. :sad:

*Lol, not a hater*

Idk why, but looking at those pictures made me uncomfortable :lol: When I came here, my goal was to get to MBL. I am toying with the idea of going to WL but I will wait and see once I am at MBL. I cannot image having hair to my knees. I don't even know what I would do with it outside of bunning.

Personally I wouldnt go past WL, but it would be interesting to me just to see how far it would actually grow. The longest I've ever gone was MBL and that was a lot of work.:look:

I guess straight, thin hair at that length would be somewhat manageable, but ankle-length, type 4 hair sounds like waaaaay too much work, even if it was a sight to see. No thank you ma'am, that does not sound like a job (and it would be a full-time job caring for all that) I would like to have. :ohwell:

Once your hair is sitting between your cheeks it is too long. DH has a lead lock that is at that point and he is cutting his hair soon. He keeps it in a ponytail or twists which keeps it a little shorter.

Anything longer than waist length is too long for me and even waist length can be too long if it't not shaped, meaning layered or styled in someway. I think long hair can be stylish or frumpy and aging depending on if its styled or not. My ideal is mid back length because I want styled long hair. I want some long layers that move and flow don't care about growing forever or seeing how long I can grow. Once I get the length I want I will frequently cut and style it! :yep::grin:

Waist length is the longest I want to go. Anything longer for me would cause too much stress on my scalp and make me overly concerned with keeping it clean and out of the way.

I must say I agree with you guys. Once it gets that long i wonder if you can truly enjoy the hair or if you are more concerned with it getting caught up in something. :eek2: I think for me waist length would definitely be enough, possibly even classic length. :scratchch

I guess straight, thin hair at that length would be somewhat manageable, but ankle-length, type 4 hair sounds like waaaaay too much work, even if it was a sight to see. No thank you ma'am, that does not sound like a job (and it would be a full-time job caring for all that) I would like to have. :ohwell:

Great point! It sure would be something else to deal with on our kinky hair. "wash days" are already mostly a full day for me and my hair is short...lol I can only imagine with hair that length how long.... :nono:

That's entirely too long for my taste, I'm personally not going past MBL.. At 5'3" that would be too long and too much work, I'd probably never wear it down if it was to my ankles..

I'm good with undeniable, full WL length hair when flat ironed OR APL+/BSL hair curly/kinky in twist outs.

In a culture where WL is probably average length and very long hair has religious and social connotations, I can see the appeal in ankle length hair. Personally, I wouldn't want that on my afro-kinky textured hair. Also, Indian hair is typically very thick, wavy, and coarse. Kudos to my (very) long-haired Indian girls because that kind of hair at that length can be a workout to treat and style.

Back