How long is a person considered to be a newbie

DivaD04

i was wondering....how long are folks considered to be a newbie? if i didn't ask the ? right....how long do you consider a person to be a newbie? i mean, i joined last year but after say'n hey i'm a newbie and started post'n....being a newbie myself hasn't crossed my mind since then.

I joined 3/07, so a year has passed. Im probably not considered to be a :newbie: anymore.

:lachen:Joined in january, but I already feel like I know errbody, so I don't feel like a newbie...but maybe I am? Good question,:ohwell:

I think I'm still a newbie (I lurked from and joined in March this year).
But that don't answer the question does it :look:.

:lachen:...I wondered about this too...I still post in the newbie thread but I don' feel so new...:look:

I think it probably depends on how active one is on the board. I don't think there's an actual timeframe.

Good question. I still consider myself a newbie. I have a lot of posts but I ask a lot of questions. I think I still have a lot to learn.:yep:

I think it probably depends on how active one is on the board. I don't think there's an actual timeframe.

This is what I was about to say :yep:

Since joining last Feb, I've been pretty active on the board. I've also read tons of articles and done lots of research, so I've learned A LOT. After 6-8 months, I didn't consider myself a newbie anymore because I knew a lot of info and a lot of people :yep:

Ladies, when you come to the board and spend more time in "the other" sections of the board, you are no longer a newbie. LOL!

ETA: Look at how long I've been here and look at my number of posts. Some of you have a higher post count than I do. I don't think it's a matter of how many posts you have or how active you are. I hardly ever posted when I first got here. This year is the most I've posted.

I really do think it's when you spend more time in the sections other than hair because by then you have your regimen down and you know what works for your hair. You are no longer looking for answers to the many questions most folks have when they first get here. Thus, you have more time to hang out and chitty chat chat about other things.

Last edited:
I started 12/31/07 and I know I am still learning.... I think a year....You know like a rookie....That should be the new name for newbies.."ROOKIE" AND then have a Rookie of the Year Award....:grin:

This is what I was about to say :yep:

Since joining last Feb, I've been pretty active on the board. I've also read tons of articles and done lots of research, so I've learned A LOT. After 6-8 months, I didn't consider myself a newbie anymore because I knew a lot of info and a lot of people :yep:

Hasn't quite been 6 months for me but this is how I feel. :yep:

Ladies, when you come to the board and spend more time in "the other" sections of the board, you are no longer a newbie. LOL!

LOL...this is me.:yep:

I started 12/31/07 and I know I am still learning.... I think a year....You know like a rookie....That should be the new name for newbies.."ROOKIE" AND then have a Rookie of the Year Award....:grin:

That's a cute suggestion! :yep:

I spent a few months stalking this site and decoding the lingo and then signed up in April 2008, so I'm not sure what I am.

lol, i was just wondering. but even when joing lhcf, personally i was far from being lost when it comes to hair since this is what i love to do...but when it comes to using natural ingredients/ products...:wallbash:this where i find myself w/ questions but even still i am working on getting my PhD in Googlology...:grin: i like keeping myself open to new things so i like to find myself on both sides of the fences when it comes to learning new things.

Then I'm definately not a newbie, I practically live in the Tem Political forum:lachen:

ETA: Look at how long I've been here and look at my number of posts. Some of you have a higher post count than I do. I don't think it's a matter of how many posts you have or how active you are. I hardly ever posted when I first got here. This year is the most I've posted.

I really do think it's when you spend more time in the sections other than hair because by then you have your regimen down and you know what works for your hair. You are no longer looking for answers to the many questions most folks have when they first get here. Thus, you have more time to hang out and chitty chat chat about other things.

lol, i was just wondering. but even when joing lhcf, personally i was far from being lost when it comes to hair since this is what i love to do...but when it comes to using natural ingredients/ products...:wallbash:this where i find myself w/ questions but even still i am working on getting my PhD in Googlology...:grin: i like keeping myself open to new things so i like to find myself on both sides of the fences when it comes to learning new things.

what if you like the hair section...i love talking about hair...but i do get i other sections tho...rarely post tho

DivaD, will you pleaseeeeeee get outta my head!!:lachen::lachen::lachen: LOL Both of these posts sounds like I actually typed this, but it's totally how I feel as well! Doing hair is one of my passions, so I don't mind learning all I can get if it applies to me. I go to other sections also, but like you, rarely post. Guess I should start now huh? LOL:grin:

DivaD, will you pleaseeeeeee get outta my head!!:lachen::lachen::lachen: LOL Both of these posts sounds like I actually typed this, but it's totally how I feel as well! Doing hair is one of my passions, so I don't mind learning all I can get if it applies to me. I go to other sections also, but like you, rarely post. Guess I should start now huh? LOL:grin:

:lachen::lachen:okay now i don't feel like i'm the only one...:lachen::lachen: these emoticons just express how i feel right now....i guess we'll have to start putting our 2 cents in errrwhere else in this forum:lachen::lachen:

Back