How long does your hair last?

So, how long does your straight style swang?

• 1-3 days

Votes: 36 62.1%
  • 4-7 days

Votes: 13 22.4%
  • 8-11 days

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • Infinity, and beyond :giggle:

Votes: 5 8.6%

• Total voters
Now you all have me wishing I'd planned this better so I could have worn my hair longer straight to see how I do and how many days I would have lasted. One thing I do know is when I do press my hair again, I will use the same method I used. I simply DC'd with GPB and Giovanni Magnetic Restructuring w/o heat overnight. Then after shampooing with any ol' shampoo, I conditioned with CHI Infra Treatment and then rinsed. The only other products I used were John Frieda Heat Defeat to wet my hair so I could do my wet-to-dry first press and then John Frieda Heat Protection Serum to seal on the second press. My hair has fine strands and still looked good and didn't feel dry when I put it in plaits to shampoo on day 3:

Attachments

• Ready to Wash Do.jpg
    Ready to Wash Do.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 6
Hmm, I was wondering if this had to do with hair type (fine, coarse).

I do think it has ALOT to do with hair type, how thick or fine your hair is and what length your hair is. Thicker hair IMO lasts longer down than fine hair. But I feel like even though my hair is fine, the longer it gets the longer I will be able to wear it down without it looking a mess simply b/c of the fact there is longer hair to work with if that makes any sense? How much product and what kind of product makes a difference as well.
In my case, it seems to be more a function of being natural vs. relaxed and also the person straightening my hair. I have fine hair of medium density.

My roller sets last up to two weeks now that I'm natural. When the salon owner straightens my hair it lasts up to three weeks. If it's one of his staff, the style last no longer than 3-5 days.

Wow, I am really surprised that most people are voting 1-3 days. My straight style, usually Dom blowouts can last 2 weeks easily, I only wash after a week because my scalp begins to itch. I make sure that I am very light on product, wrap at night and I am good to go

Back