How long does it take to tex lax 4a/b hair, and which affirm relaxer is the best

• Thread starter Thread starter Paradox
  • Start date Start date
P

Paradox

I've decided that going bone straight( although very very tempting) is probably not the best thing to do. So I want to texlax it to the point where it is curly and then I can roller set it, that is why I am wondering for how long should I keep it in.
I also want to know what type of affirm relaxer is the best, what the best neutralizer, and if any one puts oil or conditioner in their relaxer, and if so..how much.
Soooo many questions, but I atleast want to get this semi right.
I'll be texlaxing in 10 days, I'll try to show the results.

lol! Please don't ignore me. bump.If you want just give a simple answer like "10min"

From reading threads on here, the time it takes to "texlax" varies depending on your hair, the relaxer, and the amount of texture you want to keep. I don't think anyone can give you an objective answer on that because it's different for everyone.

I don't relax so I don't know anything about relaxers,etc. You should search the board, especially the self relaxing and texlaxing threads.

Hi, I would suggest you use affirm Fiberguard lye (mild) leave it in for 4 -8 min do the back first then rinse and carry on with the front this will prevent your hair from over-processing.My friend did these exact steps and her turned out really nice but after being texlaxed for a while she now decided to go bone straight lol!
Good luck !!!!
P.s her hair texture is about the same as yours 4a!

Hi, I would suggest you use affirm Fiberguard lye (mild) leave it in for 4 -8 min do the back first then rinse and carry on with the front this will prevent your hair from over-processing.My friend did these exact steps and her turned out really nice but after being texlaxed for a while she now decided to go bone straight lol!
Good luck !!!!
P.s her hair texture is about the same as yours 4a!
Ohhhh, the mild,that is a great idea!!! thanks for telling me this!:grin:
4-8 sounds like a good range,I was thinking about 7min.

Collect some of your hair from previous groomings and test on swatches of that.
Yeah, I was going to cut out a small lock, and test it, I just wanted to know where to start, and which affirm was the best.

Back