How long does it take for a semiperm. color to wash out?

legz

yesterday i used clairol's beautiful collection in cedar red brown with no heat. its semipermanent color and contains no peroxide or ammonia. my hair is naturally a kind of medium/bronzy brown, and some parts like the underside and front of my head are completely a light brown/blonde color. now, the dye didn't really show up on the darker parts, but on the blonde parts it came out a really pretty light reddish brown. problem is, it doesn't really look good to me because the lighter parts of my hair are pretty erratic and scattered so it looks like i have random chunks of red hair. so i was wondering, since it doesn't say on the bottle, about how long will it take for this color to fade away?

Hmmm... sorry that I cant help u out. I'm pretty curious to hear the response too. Sometimes semi-permanent colors can end up being permanent. (Not to scare u.) Did u try calling the company?

BTW, I think I read online somewhere that if u just colored ur hair that u can remove the color by using dishwashing liquid. umm.... that is just a thought tho, so do more research before trying b/c i dont want to be responsible for drying anyones hair out. I hope u can get some better responses. Good Luck!

They typically wash out in 6-8 shampoos, but if your hair has been previously colored/lightened, it may take longer.

I would do a next wash with a clarifying shampoo. I read on another site that this can be a way to fade it a little quicker.

michelle3147 said:
I would do a next wash with a clarifying shampoo. I read on another site that this can be a way to fade it a little quicker.

Very true. A clarifying shampoo every time you wash your hair will take it out quicker. Red, though, lingers a little longer. I know how you feel about a wrong color for you, coz I once did a burgundy brown and it was not that cute. I clarified the heck out of it.

Back