How long do you rub in your growth aids?

How long do you rub in your growth aids/do you think the amount of time matters?

• Rub it in? :perplexed

Votes: 8 10.5%
  • A few seconds-1 minutes

Votes: 31 40.8%
  • 1-2 minutes

Votes: 10 13.2%
  • 2-3 minutes

Votes: 11 14.5%
  • 3-4 minutes

Votes: 8 10.5%
  • 4-5 minutes

Votes: 6 7.9%
  • Yes, I think the longer you rub it in, the better

Votes: 13 17.1%
  • No, I don't think it matters how long you rub it in

Votes: 7 9.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
I rub mine in for 1-2 minutes. I get bored easily, so I can't be sitting there for a long time just rubbing my head.

How long do you rub yours in, and how much extra growth are you getting? Do you think the longer you rub it in, the better the results?

Who has time to sit there and actually massage it in? I don't.

I've been alternating Castor oil mixed w/ Rosmeary and Peppermint EO along with Nexxus Vitatress Biotin Creme for my balding spot.

I just rub it in and go. It'll absorb..

I really don't have much time for rubbing in my growth aids. I have some Mega Tek with peppermint Essential Oil and moisturizer and usually the tingle lasts for hours after I apply it especially if I baggy all night:yep:. I voted for a few seconds.

I do believe that the massaging does work really well though. That was how I got my edges back but now that they've grown, I've stopped massaging them.

I'm one of those who just love massaging my scalp, so doing it for the growth aids is no object. Sometimes after a long day, I'll take a shower and do a co-wash and once I'm done, I'll go and sit down and bend over at the waist and do a full head massage for like 5 minutes or so. The bending over is like very stimulating to my scalp when I do it. I don't know why that is, but I feel like in pure heaven doing it this way.

I always wondered this:look:
but, i do it for a few secs---currently i'm using Ovation and MN mixed w/ Castor

I rub for a few seconds. What growth aides r u all using? I am using castor oil, pepermint, and rosemary for my thining sides and for a spot in the back that broke off after bleaching my hair.

I rub for the whole day, every time I remember. And I find, if I do not rub it I get a quarter inch less per week than if I do rub

I use Lenzi's request every so often, here's what I do;\
Part my hair in small sections and rub the grease into my scalp, when all of my scalp has grease I massage my entire head with my hands. then I take a soft bristle brush and brush it all up, then take my paddle brush or denman brush and brush it all down. My hair grows like wildfire shortly there after.

I'm going to try with the brush when I first apply, and continue rubbing throughout the day...however...I have an almost TA, and brushing makes my hair lay down flat and it ruins my style.....I think ill try doing that before bed....but i put my growth aid in in the morning......hmm...i think..ill co wash in the evening, put in the growth aid, brush, go to bed, and in the morning ill lightly rinse and try not to disturb the growth aid on my scalp. Woo hoo thanks for helping me figure that out gn1g :grin:

I just apply it to the scalp, I don't rub in. I'm lazy and that would create more work + time...:yawn:.

I usually rub my MN mix for a few seconds. The days in between my MN application, I usually do a lengthy scalp massage while sitting in front of the tube.

Feeling my new growth gets me high. :spinning:

about 10 min total for the day

How to Massage Your Scalp

Massage your scalp 1 to 3 times a day using a 100% natural scalp massager. Never use plastic or artificial ones — they scratch the scalp and they are invasive to your hair and scalp. Begin at the nape of the neck, massaging gently but vigorously in a circular manner for 3 to 5 minutes or until you feel the scalp tingling from the flow of blood. (Massage in this way after applying shampoo the second time to your hair, for one minute and three minutes respectively.) While brushing does the external work on the scalp and hair, scalp massaging works internally, stimulating the deeper tissues of the scalp where the sebaceous glands reside. When activated in this manner, the sebaceous glands produce a balanced portion of sebum. Be sure to begin your massage at the nape of the neck, because it contains the largest concentration of sebaceous glands. Massage beyond the hairline further down the nape of the neck to release any lingering tension and stress. [source: JashBotanicals.com]

i rub it in for 1-2 mns. first apply all over i m sure it takes me more than five minutes to apply it to my entire scalp but then 1-2mns to massage it hihi:grin:

I rub it in for only as long as it takes to get it off my fingertips...maybe I should do it for longer, but I'm too lazy :rolleyes:

I apply, then give a short scalp massage. Mostly to rub it into every inch of my scalp.

Scalp massages feel great, are relaxing and quite possibly can increase blood flow. It couldn't hurt!

I will massage a little longer from now on :yep:

ETA: I use coconut+castor oil. Dunno if that qualifies as a bonafide growth aide. lol

Last edited:
I rub it in for a few sec. Then get mad at myself for starting the process anyway. I will not being buying anymore growth aids. I have maybe two or three application left of Ovation.

For the past 2 months I've been doing full on 10 minute scalp massages with mine and when I start my MT i'm going to be doing 5 minute massaging in with that plus my 10 minute nightly massage.

Back