how long did it take to grow out your TWA?

jshor09

approximately how long did it take. i just miss having hair . i love my natural hair, but can't wait for it to be long enough to do any styles.
sigh oh well i will try to have patience.

Jackie

I think i'm still growin it out.... I'm about 5 and a half months post bc... I style my hair.. but idk.. i am wtill in a TWA state of mind... I want a bun... ButI guess when I thik about it... my twa was grown out in about 2-3 months, I started flat twisting and so on....

Mine is still growing out as I type. :lachen: I am 1 year and 5 months semi natural. I have color so I am not real natural.

Well, at about 6 mos post BC I started wearing headbands and scarves. I'm 13 months post BC and though it's still short, I have a few more styling options now. It takes patience though. My hair has basically looked the same since March.

Jkelly0204 said:
approximately how long did it take. i just miss having hair . i love my natural hair, but can't wait for it to be long enough to do any styles.
sigh oh well i will try to have patience.

Jackie

I cut my hair in January to a TWA, and by June, I had approx. 3 inches of growth, enough to get my hair braided. I missed having long hair too, (it was at my shoulder blades), but I get board so quickly that every few years or so I have to change my style. :)

Hmm... when are you considered to be out of the twa stage? 6-7 inches or so? If that's the case the case I need about 3 more inches of growth so I'm guessing I'll need about 8 months....

Well considering I transitioned for 7 months before the BC I would say it was just that--7 months. When I chopped, my hair did not resemble a TWA but a sizeable, stretchable, afro.

I think it took me about 8 months not to have a TWA anymore. But be prepared to be more patient, because the stage after that was even more awkward for me. I made it through by getting extensions.

I know what you're saying jkelly. I BCed June 1st and my hair is just passed 2 inches and I love my TWA but I can't wait for the days of pony puffs and real canerows. I've not been using anything to try to speed up growth but it's coming along nicely, I only noticed that it had gotten passed 2 inches when I stretched one of my fallen naps (RIP) and it took a little longer than usual to finish.

It does look a bit longer than from june but i'd love to throw a scarf around it and rock one of those styles. I'm guessing it'll take me personally until christmas before i get some real canerows and enough for a twistout fro, btu that's because I'm not exercising and am eating like a pig lol You should think about a year before you see anything substancial. Good luck to you, keep loving the TWA and it'll love you back and before you know we'll be cryin about detangling a BAA lol

Back