How long can a relaxer safely stay in????

blackberry815

Ok this may sound like a silly question.. But how long can a relaxer stay in the hair before you've crossed the line? I've read where some people posted they've left the relaxer in for 30 and 40 minutes with no adverse effects...... so I'm just curious as to when overprocessing begins is it 20 minutes 30 minutes 40 minutes?? any insight??

It depends on the texture of your hair. I wouldn't even be curious enough about this to experiment, but if you really want to know test a small section of your hair. Be careful!

As long as it says in the directions.

I feel like stylists never follow the timing on directions. I bought the same relaxer my stylist uses and it said 13 minutes.....now I know she never rinsed me out in 13 minutes... It just has me thinking...

Sent from my ADR6400L using ADR6400L

18 minutes is my maximum time. It's in the instructions for my Design Essentials relaxer kit, so that's what I do. My hair came out perfectly straight.

It depends on ur texture and the strength of the relaxer. When I use DE lo lye I can leave it in for 30-35 min and still not get bone straight, any other relaxer I try to not go over 20 min

Sent from my LS670 using LS670

I think it depends on your hair texture. I have resistant hair & when I follow the instructions on the relaxer box (20min), my hair comes out texlaxed.

When I used to goto the salon for touch-ups, they would leave it on my head for at least 30mins to get my hair to come out bone straight.

I think it depends on your hair texture. I have resistant hair & when I follow the instructions on the relaxer box (20min), my hair comes out texlaxed.

When I used to goto the salon for touch-ups, they would leave it on my head for at least 30mins to get my hair to come out bone straight.

Sometime I wanna leave it in that long but I'm afraid of bald spots and overprocessing.

Sent from my ADR6400L using ADR6400L

Back