How long after your relaxer do you BT?

Ms. Plain Jane

How long after a fresh touch up do you wait to BT?

I know that the ultimate goal is GROWTH, but if you're anything like me, then you love the look of straight roots, lol.

I just completed my second 8 week stretch (!) and I was thinking of waiting until week 3 or 4.

So how long do YOU wait?

Well, I apply soon after because I don't wear my hair out. I wait a couple of weeks, bting the whole time, then get rebraided. During the wait period, I'm bunning. I'm really try to be cautious about my ends since they are on my shoulders and that is prime time for breakage.

I understand why you would wait though. For me, the sooner I start getting those krinkly waves, the more excited I get that I'm getting closer to my goal. I keep daydreaming about wearing my hair down once it gets at least to full apl, then I'll probably adapt my routine to something similiar to yours.

And I'm lmao at your reference to grandma's picture taking-too funny:lachen:

Well, I apply soon after because I don't wear my hair out. I wait a couple of weeks, bting the whole time, then get rebraided. During the wait period, I'm bunning. I'm really try to be cautious about my ends since they are on my shoulders and that is prime time for breakage.

I understand why you would wait though. For me, the sooner I start getting those krinkly waves, the more excited I get that I'm getting closer to my goal. I keep daydreaming about wearing my hair down once it gets at least to full apl, then I'll probably adapt my routine to something similiar to yours.

And I'm lmao at your reference to grandma's picture taking-too funny:lachen:

I wish I could bun my hair! I have layers and a gi-normous head, so the front (which hangs a few inches above my chin) barely touches the top of my head. However, my longest layer is finally touching beneath my neck, so maybe I'll be able to bun April-August 2008.

In the mean time, I do need to find alternatives to wearing my hair down because my shirts and hoodies are beginning to snack on it...

And, YES, Grandma's nickname is "can't get right." LOL

Last edited:
Back