How long after washing your hair is it dirty again?

sexyeyes3616

I just ordered a CHI i will take about a week for it to arrive and i want to flat iron my hair because i just washed it yesterday, but i heard its not good to put a flat iron on dirty hair.

With ironing, i would only feel my hair was clean enough in the same day if i had pretty much just stayed in/low activity with my hair covered, or if i washed it, and tied it up at nightime...then ironed in the morning.
But i ususally just iron right after its dry.

I agree with the ladies. Only flatiron on clean hair. If it's been a day or two since you last washed and you want to flat iron. Wash again. It's better for your hair and the style will be bouncier:yep:

I only flat iron again the next day IF I'm going somewhere and I want to re style my hair. Otherwise after day 1 I never flat iron.

I only flat iron again the next day IF I'm going somewhere and I want to re style my hair. Otherwise after day 2 I never flat iron.

If it is going to take a week to arrive, then yes, please wash before using the flat iron. I agree w/ the others in the thread that you should only flat iron freshly washed and conditioned hair.

Back