How do you "wash and go?"

inthepink

How do you \"wash and go?\"

The one thing I miss from being relaxed with NO hair breakage was being able to wash my hair and leave the house 20 minutes later with the 20 minutes spent on detangling, styling into a ponytail, and getting dressed.

Now that I have breakage (pieces of hair that are no longer than 4-5 inches long), I cannot wash and go. I HAVE to do the gel/scarf trick in order to get those pieces to lay down although the rest of my hair lays down just fine.
frown.gif

Anyone else have a problem with flyaways or broken pieces? How do you get them to immediately go away? I'm sick of having to wait an hour or two before I can leave my house after washing!
ohwell.gif

Re: How do you \"wash and go?\"

hi hairlove. i follow these directions: http://motowngrl.8m.net/wash.htm and I have no problem with flyaways. i leave the house with damp hair, but it beats putting heat on my hair and it only takes less than 5 mintues. HTH

Shelli,

I got an Aveda relaxer that apparently wasn't compatible with my previous relaxer. It made some of my hair break at the new growth.

Hey chicky!

Is most of ur breakage in 1 area, or is it throughout? (I already know about ur top stickies)
frown.gif
. Unfortunately I don't have an answer for u... but I'm trying think of ways that u could try to "hide" the broken hairs.... If I'm sounding
nuts.gif
then excuse me.... just doing some brain storming here
scratchchin.gif

I 'wash and go' a lot (especially on work days). I like having my hair looking nice and fresh (if you know what I mean). Of course, when I wash and go, I put my hair in a handy dandy bun.

Peachtree, Hey girly - where ya been?? My breakage is throughout - the top half of my head. So, I can make my hair smooth and fresh-looking but then those pieces just stick through. I thought that as they got longer, it would get better and it has...but they are longer so the ends stick up. Aggh - it's frustrating. Guess I'll have to start wearing a scarf in the car on the way to work!

Allandra, that's what I'd like to do. I like having "fresh" hair but it seems practically impossible with this breakage. Makes me so mad! :
mad.gif
:

Yeah that's what I was going to suggest, wearing a scarf, maybe you can put a protein gel or some type of pomade (Motions or Fantasia IC pomade ICE with biotin) and then the scarf.

[ QUOTE ]
hairlove said:
wearing a scarf in the car on the way to work

[/ QUOTE ]
Hairlove,

This is what I do every morning.
laugh.gif
Once I get to the Metro subway station, I take my scarf off before getting out of my car.

[ QUOTE ]
Allandra said:
[ QUOTE ]
hairlove said:
wearing a scarf in the car on the way to work

[/ QUOTE ]
Hairlove,

This is what I do every morning.
laugh.gif
Once I get to the Metro subway station, I take my scarf off before getting out of my car.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really, Allandra? I may have to start doing this b/c I so desperately want fresh hair sometimes! What does your scarf look like and how do you tie it on?

I have a black satin scarf (nothing fancy at all). I tie it in the back. It's dark when I leave home (every morning).
laugh.gif

I'm going to have to get brave then. I'm always trying to flirt with men in cars while I'm driving. I probably can't do that if I'm wearing a scarf!
smile.gif

Serums work for me in making my hair look fresh and uniform. I've noticed that serums, for me, work better on wet or damp hair.

Something else you could try---I've heard someone on the board say something about using the World of Curls (in jar) around their edges to give a polished look.

Thanks, Brownie.

Unfortunately (or I guess fortunately!) edges aren't the problem. It's hair across the top of my head that sticks up in little frizzies! I am still curious about trying Worlds of Curls though! It's on my to-buy list eventually.

[ QUOTE ]
hairlove said:
I'm always trying to flirt with men in cars while I'm driving. I probably can't do that if I'm wearing a scarf!
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

rofl.gif
True...
laugh.gif
Heck, I'm scared to flirt with men while I'm driving!! Afraid I'll flirt with the wrong one (a nutcase!!) and he'll follow me home!!!
frown.gif
Better be careful, girl!!!
look.gif

[ QUOTE ]
hairlove said:
Thanks, Brownie.

Unfortunately (or I guess fortunately!) edges aren't the problem. It's hair across the top of my head that sticks up in little frizzies! I am still curious about trying Worlds of Curls though! It's on my to-buy list eventually.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hairlove,
have you tried wearing headbands? You know the kind you can tie loosely at your neck? If you got a thick enough headband, it would cover most of your hair on top. Just wondering. I wear headbands a lot because they help me get away with hair that looks messy sometimes on top.

Back