How do you use your products?...Please Help!

Kenny-Ann

Okay, so I don't know if there is already a thread that asks this question, but I'm willing to take a chance and ask anyway.... Can any of you ladies give some feedback on a few of your products and how "YOU" use them? Also, if you can, explain what exactly it's supposed to do for the hair. What does castor oil do, and how do you use it? How do you use your leave-in? Is a leave-in all you use? Cones, glyerine and anything else you ladies can think of would be awesome.

I will be coming up on my sixth month since my last relaxer and first month since my BC. I have officially become a product junkie, but I have no clue as to why. I try different things to find my own regimen, but I still have that feeling of "What am I doing?" I'm just a bit overwhelmed and confused, and I know I can't be alone. :spinning:

The thread below should answer a lot of your questions. There is a ridiculous amount of good information in this thread. But quickly here is what I use. My hair really likes moisture. I also wear my hair primarily as a wash and go. I use a moisturizing leave in like Aubrey Organics White Camelia conditioner or Paul Mitchell - The Conditioner. To seal in the moisture you need an oil, like castor oil. You don't need a lot, but should concentrate on your ends because they are the most fragile.

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=389082

Cool this will be fun. For me I avoid cones in my conditioners I avoid sulfates (both are drying for me) pretty often and I LOVE glycerin (so far)
I won't talk about shampoos too much because I have yet to find my hg

Deep Conditioner - AOHSR - I take a dollop and rub in hands pat into one section starting from ends and repeat on each section. I realize rubbing it down my strands takes more hair with it instead of getting it in. Then I put on a plastic bag or plastic cap and a towel for about 15-30mins
It's supposed to moisturize, detangle, and condition and oooo does it ever. I was a conditioner junkie until I found this and now I'm good, I swap with AOGPB when in need of protein.

I shampoo once or twice with a teatree or jojoba based or clarifying poo - I get an oily scalp so the point of this is to relieve any itching, flakes, or oil from my scalp. My favorite is GTTT

Aphogee Essential oil or burdock root & nettle,
I focus on my ends and gently squeeze in leaving on for about 5 mins or less then rinse (this is to make finger detangling easier, remove shedded hairs that are tangled, and reduce my ssk's)

I take about 2 dollops of instant conditioner (giovanni or AO again) and rub SLOWLY in my palms to make distribution easy. I then start from the bottom and pat into my hair. Now here is where I'll finger detangle if I didn't detangle before rinsing out the prepoo.

I take a cricket comb (found at sally's, amazon, or curlmart) I use the travel size one because it's easy to hold my version of a cute affordable seamless wide tooth comb. I start at the ends and comb through. I am in love with this comb no really I am it's the best tool for my hair it has changed my life. It's anti microbal too I think which makes it better since I get a yucky scalp sometimes I can just clean this with soap and water instead of using boiling water or steaming it like I would do my clips or a regular comb.

I smooth my curls with my hands and turn the dial to cool. I rinse out my conditioner and grab my coconut, tea tree, and lavender oil mix (I put it only on my scalp because sometimes my water makes it dry although I have a filter. This mix is also good for stimulation.)

then I grab a white t. I stick my head in the neck and leave it be for a little. The t helps my hair dry without frizz and breakage. I then get a spray bottle and my giovanni direct leave in (It helps me clump my curls and stay moisturized without being over moisturized because of the protein.) I feel its a good balance.

Next up is my JBCO it's an emollient I think. I put it on my ends to seal and on my scalp for growth and thickness

Back