How do you use Colourshines?

Lovelylocs

I have had two different results with this product. Years ago, at an AA salon, the stylist used either Colourshines or Adore in Ginger. The results were fantastic. It gave my hair a lot of shine! I have had rinses put in at the dominican shop and I got different results. I think the stylist used Jazzing which may be one of the reasons. Everytime I got a retouch and a rinse done there my hair did not seem as straight and as pretty as my hair does after a retouch and no rinse. The hair seems more like it is coated or smthg. Could this be to the way the rinse was put in?

Now that I am trying to be salon free (except for cuts once or twice a year :) ), I would like to know the proper way to apply a rinse so that I can apply one after my retouch. TIA :)

It may be the type of rinse that you use. I just used Colourshines yesterday (golden Walnut) after a relaxer. I do it mainly for the shine, and my hair is still blinging the day after.

Not too sure if/how this affects the relaxer results though. My goal is to come out texlaxed, so I'm not sure. Sorry I couldn't be of more help here :ohwell:

do you have pics of your color results? I would love to see them.
I just tried Mohaghany by Adore and I like the shine and how it gave my hair a nice even dark dark brown color. After rinsing out the relaxer and neutralizing and all that stuff I normally do, I applied the rinse, combed through, put on plastic cap and sat under the dryer for 15 min. on medium heat, I then rinsed until water was clear and shampooed again w/Nexxus Therappee, DC and wet wrapped my hair.
I really wanted to try Colorshines but the BSS I frequent didn't have it, the next time I think I'll do ginger in Coloshines I really want to try this one but they never have the color I want. :ohwell:
OneInAMillion said:
It may be the type of rinse that you use. I just used Colourshines yesterday (golden Walnut) after a relaxer. I do it mainly for the shine, and my hair is still blinging the day after.

Not too sure if/how this affects the relaxer results though. My goal is to come out texlaxed, so I'm not sure. Sorry I couldn't be of more help here :ohwell:

Back