How do you use CD Hair Milk

inthepink

I've recently started to fall in love with Carol's Daughter Hair Milk. I purchased a 2oz bottle way back in July but have only used it off and on to moisturize the hair in my nape area.

Yesterday, since I was going to straighten my hair, I used teh Hair Milk insted of the Healthy Hair Butter to moisturize my hair since it is lighter. As I straightened my hair, it was so soft and silky...just unbelievable softness. I am guessing that it was the Hair Milk!
smile.gif

Anyways, just wondering if anyone uses this product and how you use it.

Since I haven't worn my hair straight in over a year, I wouldn't know about that but it's great as a leave in. When I wear my hair in a curly puff, I use the hair milk on wet hair brush it up and go, it's like a soft texturizer/leave in. I use it ANYTIME I wear my hair out curly.

u know i need to be ashamed of myself i live 10 min. away from CD and i have not gone yet......i am gonna go 2morrow...

I just used it tonight! I co-washed my hair and after I rinsed out my deep conditioner I added it to my wet hair combed it in and put my hair into two ponytails which I then twisted and secured the ends with rubberbands. This stuff is going to keep me on the stretching re-touch challenge!
clap.gif

While my hair is wet I put some in my hair and also every day I use it for sheen and moisture.

I use CD hair milk after I wash and condition my hair. I use it as a detangler. I am natural and my hair coils up and the milk soften my hair and makes combing out alot easier!

I love CD products... I find that the Hair Milk & Hair Butter work best on my wet hair... it was just too much on dry hair!

Thanks for bumping this topic babygurl.
smile.gif
MyCD hair milk is on its way, and I was wondering the best way to use it.

I used to use this a couple of years ago with my rollersets. I would use only pink rollers and I would use the hair milk when it was dry and it made my hair really shiny and brought out each curl.

The first time I did that I was going to a wedding and I got a ton of compliments.

[ QUOTE ]
ms_kenesha said:
I just used it tonight! I co-washed my hair and after I rinsed out my deep conditioner I added it to my wet hair combed it in and put my hair into two ponytails which I then twisted and secured the ends with rubberbands. This stuff is going to keep me on the stretching re-touch challenge!
clap.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the same exact thing that I did last night! Since I was running late this morning, my hair is still in pigtails.

Anyway, for the first time I used the Hair Milk by itself a few nights ago when I co-washed my hair. I like it better than the Hair Butter because it's lighter and easier to massage in. Next time I'm definetly going to buy a bigger bottle of this stuff.

[ QUOTE ]
erica78 said:
Thanks for bumping this topic babygurl.
smile.gif
MyCD hair milk is on its way, and I was wondering the best way to use it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I also just ordered the Hair Millk yesterday and I bumped it for more suggestions on how to use it before it gets here.

I use it on my daughter's relaxed hair and it makes it so soft and silky. You have to use a small amount though. You don't want to overdo it and make your hair greasy. I also use it for myself but I am currently in braids and use it in a different manner. I have a pic of the results of the hair milk on my daughter's hair in my abulm. It is 3rd picture.

So would you guys say this is better than Healthy Hair Butter?I was thinking of buying HHB but am now wondering if I should get the Hair Milk instead

[ QUOTE ]
katie said:
So would you guys say this is better than Healthy Hair Butter?I was thinking of buying HHB but am now wondering if I should get the Hair Milk instead

[/ QUOTE ]

They sort of work in different ways. I have both products. I use the HHB mostly to help moisturize newgrowth and help slick it down. The hairmilk I use it as an all over moisturizer. Especially in my driest areas. I try to use both on wet hair as Allandra stated but sometimes I use the hair milk on dry hair.

OT - But DSD your daughter's hair is very pretty. You're doing a great job with it. SHoot, I need to come let you do MY hair
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
katie said:
Thanks a lot DSD!
Think I may get both..

[/ QUOTE ]
U r welcome Katie!

I don't think I could live without one or the other. Thank God we have a local retailer here so I don't have to wait for my order.

[ QUOTE ]
Armyqt said:
OT - But DSD your daughter's hair is very pretty. You're doing a great job with it. SHoot, I need to come let you do MY hair
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks ArmyQT!

Come on down I will hook you up!

[ QUOTE ]
Aaliyahredefined said:
DSD,

Thank you for replying.

Bye the way ... tell your daughter that her hair is awesome.
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you! She is grinning right now!

Back