How do you tie your hair up to sleep?

LawyerBarbie07

Hi all! I tried to do a search on this but it wasn't working for me. How do you ladies tie your hair up to sleep at night? I always wrap my hair but I'm still working on the thickness of my hair so I don't like how thin it looks when I unwrap it. Also, in the past wraps have given me breakage on one side so I would love to avoid them if there's a neater, healthier way to tie my hair up.

Thanks for your help ladies!

Pincurls! I make 6-10 pincurls, tie mym hair up with a silk scarf and go to sleep. I have no breakage, no thinning and very soft, full hair with thi method.

Thanks Soho! I tried that before after a roller set and loved it! I didn't roller set this time though, do you think that makes a difference? Also, do you use bobby pins? I was afraid too thinking they might break my hair off..now that its growing I'm so paranoid! lol

I think if you rollerset beforehand you'll have supercurly hair (like me!):lol: but I don't see why they wouldn't work without rollersetting. You'll probably end up with hair that is fuller, as opposed to curlier.

I secure my pin curls with Good Hair Day Pins. I get them at Sally's and I like them because they are specially made to hold thick hair without damaging it. However if I can't find any lying around (which happens more often than I'd like:perplexed ) I use bobby pins. I prefer using the ones that are already "open" because I feel they're gentler on my hair when it's time to take them out in the morning.:)

SohoHair said:
I secure my pin curls with Good Hair Day Pins. I get them at Sally's and I like them because they are specially made to hold thick hair without damaging it. However if I can't find any lying around (which happens more often than I'd like:perplexed ) I use bobby pins. I prefer using the ones that are already "open" because I feel they're gentler on my hair when it's time to take them out in the morning.:)

I would love to try pin curls but I have a hard time sleeping on things like rollers, bobby pins, etc...do you find that they are kind of hard on the head when you lay down? :perplexed I usually put a silk scarf on my head to hold my ends down and then throw on a satin bonnet on top of that.

Cleve_gryl said:
I would love to try pin curls but I have a hard time sleeping on things like rollers, bobby pins, etc...do you find that they are kind of hard on the head when you lay down? :perplexed I usually put a silk scarf on my head to hold my ends down and then throw on a satin bonnet on top of that.

I am the same way, I could not sleep in rollers if the future of the world depended on it.:ohwell: I don't find that they inhibit my sleep at all, in fact I don't even feel them on my head when I lie down.

Thats exactly how I am...rollers drive me nuts, I always wake up during the night when I have them in. I'm going to try pin curling...I'll keep you posted!

I just visited Sylver's album and from now on, I am doing her scarf method. I am confident it will work well!

Straight pony tail with ends turned under. I just to wrap quite religiously but stopped for fear of thinning hair and im trying to grow my hairline thicker.
If I had a roller set then I just pin curl my curls.
Tie a satin scarf and sleep. I also try my scarf backwards i.e. the knot is along my fore head and not the neck line. I have found that I don’t get any rubbing this way and my hairline has shown great improvement!!

Either a loose bun, secured w/a couple of bobbi pins..... then a scarf or bonnet.

Or, when im feeling esp. lazy, i just throw a satin bonnet over the whole head, without doing anything to it underneath.

I use a satin cap. That the only thing that will not come of my head. I have satin scarfs but i'll have to retie them once or twice throughout the night.

Ok thats what I've been doing these past few nights Kinikakes(aammmaazzinng hair by the way!). I'm so paranoid since I took my last weave out that I'm going to hurt my hair before I can get it back braided up..lol. I wanted to make sure just bunning it up and tying it down wasn't going to hurt it!

Back