How do you style your hair in between relaxers?

lillian743

Some of you guys said you wait 8 or more weeks before you relax your hair. I tryed twisting my hair but Im to lazy to do them again everytime I wash my hair.
grin.gif
I have been without a relaxer for 4 months now and its getin alittle hard to deal with it. And I dont have any money to perm it rightnow.
drunk.gif

some styles:
wet ponytail - after wash but in pony tail do a bun wit loose hair, whateva, and tie it down

ponytail set- can be viewed in my profile
braiouts, etc, the list can go on. The key is moisture so that ur hair does not break when u try to manipulate it

I did daily co-washes and put my hair in a ponytail or I did braids and then a braid-out. I like braid-outs the best because your roots are less puffy and frizzy. I think you would look cute in a braid-out.

Daily Co-washes and slathering ends with vaseline and put it in a bun secured with a satin scrunci.

Twist outs (15-20 2 strand twists with extra small lavendar rollers on the ends)

I can still rollerset after 8 weeks. even after week fourteen, my sets look great (not the roots though
rofl.gif
)

I have not had any split ends or a trim since June... dont need one either because of my daily use of protective styles
grin.gif
*sounding like Jan Brady* Moisture Moisture Moisture!!

I'm fairly new here but I figured I would reply since I have always gone at least 12 between relaxers. I usually just rollerset my hair and it comes out great even with the new growth. Also i'm a big fan of headbands not only do they look great but are wonderful at helping to mask the new growth in front. BTW the John Freida Relax blowdry straightening creme works well if your someone that blowdrys there hair or Infusium 23's smoothing and defining lotion works well wheter you blowdry, rollerset, or airdry. HTH

I am almost eight weeks post relaxer and I wear braid outs. I love the way braid outs look and they are easy to maintain. My goal is make it to 12 weeks.

Re: How do you style your hair in between relaxers

Thanx ladys for the help, I will try some of the things you guys told me.
bouncy.gif

Welcome Chocolate01!!!

AnjelLuvsUBabe, I like the way you did your roller set, do HAVE to use seting lotion? B/c I dont have any at all!!
cry3.gif

blue_flower, I have seen you photos before and I have to tell you that I love your hair! It looks soo full and pretty!
smile.gif

I continue to do my rollersets as well 8 weeks into my touch up. Actually, I don't really like my hair until my new growth starts to kick in. It holds the curl and body better.

lillian743, I do use setting lotion, BUT there are some who dont. They just use a good leave in conditioner

right now i'm at 6 and a half weeks and i'm stressing. i normally relax every 6/7 weeks but i'm trying to stretch it out to past 8 weeks.

the glycerine and water is really REALLY helping by softening the new growth.

i think i'll try a braid-out next...right now its air-dried in a bun.

The daily CW do make a big difference. During that time, my hair is dull but it is soft and moisturized. Next time I might just get some cornrows or braids or something.

straw sets using flexi-rods. I'm going in search of them ASAP.
Thanks Karezone for the reminder about the great effect of daily cw. I used an aphogee type protein conditioner which made my hair tangle (I just hate experimenting with my hair .... I need to stick to tried and successful methods) and stiff. I had to turn to biolage for help (thank God, I had some left over).

my hair seems to grow fast I mean I am 3 wks post touch up and it feels like 6 wks it is killing me so I just make sure I do cond washes every other day and just wear an updo or blowout (just once a week) or do a braidout.

[ QUOTE ]
chocolate01 said:
Also i'm a big fan of headbands not only do they look great but are wonderful at helping to mask the new growth in front.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree
smile.gif

Back