How Do You *Style* After a Relaxer Touch-Up?

CaliDiamond

Hey Ladies!

I just did a touch-up today and as I sit here with at least 50 rollers in my neck length hair lookin crazy :spinning: I was curious as to what everyone else's styling routine was after a touch-up.

What's the word!?

Airdry?
Twistout/Braidout?
Roller Set?
Wet Wrap?
Etc...

I only get four touch ups a year. Each time I get a blow out after, go home and wrap my hair. I wear it out for a few days, then back to my wig and braids.

My hair stylist, blowdries and flatirons, or blowdries and curls.
I prefer the flatiron. 2 days later, it's back to up-do's and faux pony's (clips and pins only, no ponytail holders).

My stylist blowdries and flat irons - I prefer having it straight for a while before I branch out into curls.

rollerset and wrap it up no flat iron or anything because the roots should be straight. do a saran wrap.

or I would blow dry then flat iron, but since I have beef with my blowdryer and flat iron i'd do the above instead.

After a touch up, my stylist rollersets my hair, and I bun it for a couple of weeks. I hate that bone straight look, and I worry about my ends more right after a relaxer.

But after those few weeks have passed and I've been able to wash and DC my hair a few times, I rollerset and wear it out more often.

My hairdresser rollersets my hair after a touch-up. Within a couple of days, it gets so flat though, and I am usually dying to wash it. Maybe this time I'll try spraying in some sort of water-based moisturizer (or maybe just plain ol' water) and re-roll it to give it some life until I wash it.

A lot of buns (they look gorge just after a touch up) and rollersets. I usually wait to do a twistout until about 4 weeks post, because without some NG the result looks flat :ohwell:

I usually get my touch ups done in a salon, so she curls my hair. I wear it that way (curly), but I clip it up a lot unless I'm going out for about 3-4 days then I go right back to my bun.

Since I self relax, I usually airdry and flat iron. I need to invest in a hood dryer so I can learn how to rollerset.

I just relaxed on Friday and I still haven't styled my hair. Thinking about just washing it again and flat ironing it tonight.

I flat iron with the the FHI and wear it down for the first 1 or 2 weeks depending on how i feel. I might wear it down longer than that....

Leaving the salon its rollerset and wrapped. And once that start going flat I will wash and curlform my hair. Then when NG hits its back to buns, wigs, and braids LOL

Since I was lose hair when I self relax. My stylist blowdries and flatirons. I have the most bounciest and swanglicious hair when leaving the salon. You can't tell me nothin'.

At the salon - blowdry, flat iron, and my stylist knows how to do just a "hint" of a curl on my ends so I get to see my length. The next day, I go back to my buns.

Back