How do you sleep?

MissJ

I use to sleep on my stomach where my face got smushed up on my pillow, but now since I'm getting old my face doesn't bounce back like it use to. I'm getting lines from it. Anyway, so about 2 months ago I started sleeping on my back to avoid looking really old. Well, I think it's had an affect on my hair. My mom said that my hair wasn't doing as good as the last time I had a touch up, and that the only thing I could think of that could be a problem. So, I was just wondering if y'all sleep on your stomach, sides, or back, and if you sleep on your back does it affect your hair?

Well Miss J., I change throughout the night. I might start on my back and wake up on my side.

How do you have your hair when you go to sleep? Is it wrapped, in a bun, rollers? Do you use a silk scarf? All of those can affect the outcome of your hair. What do you do with your hair at night, Miss J?

yes sleeping on your back does affect your hair. i do it and have done it for years and my hair in the back of my head is weak and thinner than the hair on the rest of my head. i have tried to stop but even when i fall asleep on my side i wake up and i'm on my back

[ QUOTE ]
Well Miss J., I change throughout the night. I might start on my back and wake up on my side./quote]

I might start on myback and end up on the floor....:D

I tie mine up nice and tight in my scarf. And HOW you are trying to wear it under the scarf will matter too. If it's a bun you could put it up higher on your head near the crown. If it's a wrap it should matter too much.

I've always slept with my head resting on my hands or on my arm. I can't sleep on my back. But I do tie my hair up in satin scarf and I have a satin pillowcase.

Thanks for the suggestions.

I usually sleep with it in a ponytail and a roller or in a bun. When I sleep on my back the scarf is usually off when I wake up.
frown.gif

I used to sleep on one side more than the other and my hair shows it. It is thinner and grows more slowly on that side. I wish I could sleep on my face, because that it most likely to even things out, but for now, I'm trying to sleep more on my back and the other side so the bad side can catch up.

You might try and sleep on your side with your face off the pillow by bunching up the pillow a little. In the long run your face will thank you so I hear.

Well, I often start out on my back and then turn over in twilight stage. I sleep on the left side and my hair seems to grow faster on that side. I was told it's because of the blood flow
trampoline.gif
I'm not sure about that, but I wear a satin slumber cap with my hair combed up that way that I would comb it to make a ponytail.

i used to sleep on my face and i got this line under the eye on the side of my face i usually lay on that just won't go away. now i sleep on my back, and to protect my hair i use both a satin pillow case and a hair bonnet with a scarf wrapped around the hair bonnet to secure it. to me it's not about either or, after all... what good is a head full of hair if your face is all cracked up and in the same turn what good is a pretty face if your hair looks all jacked up?
hope that helps a little...

[ QUOTE ]
to me it's not about either or, after all... what good is a head full of hair if your face is all cracked up and in the same turn what good is a pretty face if your hair looks all jacked up?
hope that helps a little...

[/ QUOTE ]
That's a good way to put it.
laugh.gif

When my hair is curled I sleep in the most uncomfortable positions in order to preserve the style. Normally I clip my curls up on the sides (if I don't have cornrows) with a duckbill clip and then I stretch my elbow out and sleep or fold my arms and sleep in a forehead to elbow position in order to make sure that I'm not smashing my hair against my head. If I'm tired enough I don't care how uncomfortable at times it may be. Unlike a lot of the ladies here, I think I’m in the minority because I don’t sleep with a wrap on when my hair is curled. Normally I just spray my hair with oil sheen and go to sleep because if I put on a satin bonnet or wrap my curls get smashed. On the other hand, I do sleep with a wrap on my head if my hair has been pressed, but that’s rare!

Back