How do you sleep with a braid out?

LongiLox

How do you all maintain your braid outs?

Mine usually only last one day because once I sleep with them, the waves become distorted. Please share any tips you have for maintaing a braid out.

I just push the side out of the way and put on a satin cap. This way I don't mess it up too bad, wake up in the morning, fluff and go. I can go like this for about 3 days and then I like to re-braid for a fresh look.

I was going to post to rebraid my hair and tie it down. I put a dab of oil on it to tame the frizz.

I just push the side out of the way and put on a satin cap. This way I don't mess it up too bad, wake up in the morning, fluff and go. I can go like this for about 3 days and then I like to re-braid for a fresh look.

I do the exact same thing and it stays looking fresh for about 3 nights and then it has to be redone...I'm lazy and like to go longer than that without having to redo my hair (too much manipulation) so I put a head band on and rock it as a curly puff until wash day. I have pics somewhere and I will come back and post.

This does not work for me. I tried and woke up to a mess. It made for a cute wavy updo though.

I moisturize, spray with a bit of Garnier Fructis Wave Enhancing spray, braid and seal the ends with oil. Then I roll with soft rollers, then wrap with my silk scarf.

It is time consuming, but I am happy in the morning!

Last edited:
I spray my hair with Dove Replenishing Mist, seat with coconut oil, and rebraid into four plaits.

When I sleep on it without rebraiding, I can maybe stretch it one more day max. But I usually rebraid because I prefer it to look more fresh.

I usually pull it up loosely, cover with a scarf and then a satin cap since my scarf always fall off. But it a hit or miss. I might wake up with still wavy hair, or it might be a mess. That's why I'm looking for a better way. Seems like the only other option is to rebraid it?

Back