How do you seal your ends? HELP!

ginabeana

The problem I have now, and had before I went natural over 5 years ago is split ends and breakage. Three weeks ago I went to a salon and had approximately an inch taken off, but I'm still seeing some split ends.

Ladies, what do you use to protect your ends? And why do you think it works for you?

Thx! :grin:
(currently: CBL, goal: MBL)

Attachments

• Image 1.jpg
    Image 1.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 148
Your hair looks amazing!

I seal my ends with a heavy oil, cream, or butter usually after a light moisturizing spritz. I've really been liking castor oil and Hairitage Hydrations Cooling Chamomile Whip. There are so many options to choose from depending on how you wear your hair.

I hope the PJs come in soon to list their favorites.

I luv the color & thickness of ur hair. I use WGHO as my sealant but before that I was using coconut & grapeseed oil mixed.

Thank you! I have a lot of options to choose from now! This is just the start to developing a regimen. I think I'm going to try the castor oil!

I use EVOO in warm weather and Vaseline in the cold weather to seal my ends. I also keep them tucked away more than half of the time.

Also, have you checked your combs? Are they seamless? Perhaps combing (and/or brushing) is the culprit.

Your hair is absolutely gorgeous! Drool worthy!

I seal my ends with a load (literally) of mango and olive oil moisturizer. But it's under a wig so the wetness doesn't bother me.

I seal my ends with grease, and then I put tissue on my ends and secure it with a bobby pin to keep them sealed.

Castor oil for me when my hair is wet. Lately it's been a moisturizer then a butter product (QB Aethiopika or HS 5 Day Moisture) or castor oil.

I mix my moisturizer and oils together and apply them to damp hair. I think it works because when I try a different order I loose more hair.

I use blue magic grease or softee hair dressing (my new fav is mango butter its smells delicious)

Sent from my SCH-I500 using LHCF

Last edited:
I am surprised no one has suggested Shea butter, particularly for winter months. Castor oil works great for me too!

Unfortunately, the consistency of shea butter didn't work for me. I have 2 tubs of raw organic shea butter sitting in my cabinet. It would clump in my hair, plus it has this "woodsy" smell that irritated me. :(

castor oil.
crisco.
vaseline.

Ive tried them all and they work well for me :yep:
(my 1st choice lately has been crisco )

Sealant depends on the style I'm sporting and how dry the air is outside...

It's either a sulfur grease, cocoa and shea butter mix (that I melt together), sunflower or camelia oils. Or both.

Back