*~* How do you rollerset without washing your hair?*~*

DangerouslyShy

I really want to do a rollerset tonight...but I dont want to wash my hair I just washed it the other day.

I never did a rollerset without washing my hair...

Does anyone do this? And if so how? What products do you use?

Oh and I purchased 2inch magnetic rollers....those who use magnetic rollers what type of pins do you use?

Are you trying to get curl or dry your hair?

I can't imagine a rollerset working on dry hair. It may give it a little lift, but I only see a wet, at least damp, roller set giving full body and bounce.

I used to roller set my hair dry all the time just because I didn't feel like washing my hair. I usually just put rollers in my hair and let it stay in my hair for two hours (without heat), or under the dryer for about 45 min-hour with heat. No water, no setting lotion, nothing. Just a dab of oil and rollers. Sometimes I would even take a put rollers on my dry hair covering it with a hair net or a plastic baggy, and then take a shower, and the steam from the shower would curl my hair. It came out pretty nicely this way.

But now, I'm not sure it's such a good idea to put heat to dry hair. I don't know...I'm no expert, but these days I only rollerset my hair under the dryer while it's wet.

I don't think there's any harm however in putting rollers in your hair for a few hours and doing something else in the meantime in the house.

Last edited:
I've never tried rollersetting without first washing my hair. Hmmmm, I think MY hair woudn't come out right because not freshly washed -- there's just that SOMETHING about freshly washed hair that makes it look, move, and bounce better. . .

Do share your results when you do the rollerset without washing.

I use the purple and grey (1.5 and 2 inch magnetics, I think) and I use both the small clips and the long "duck bill" clips to secure the rollers.

* spritz the hair lightly with water (if my hair is not dry like straw, i skip this entirely)
* add my moisturizer to each section
* put roller in hair
I normally do this bf i go to bed, but it works with a minimum of 2 hours.

I wanted to get a curl, but I dont want to wash my hair...Could i just mist it with some leave in and put the rollers in that way?

bajanplums1 said:
* spritz the hair lightly with water (if my hair is not dry like straw, i skip this entirely)
* add my moisturizer to each section
* put roller in hair
I normally do this bf i go to bed, but it works with a minimum of 2 hours.

ITA with bajanplums. I've done my *dry* rollerset (rollerset w/out washing first) like this with GREAT results. :yep:

If you want curl, real curl, you'll probably need to mist it. Try mixing up a moisture mix of water, a little oil, a little cond.(VO5), a leave in, etc.

I moisturize it each section, add my Healthy Ends, roll and then mist (I don't soak it) with my moisture mix. You can sit under the dryer or do this before going to bed.

hth-

~op~

onepraying said:

ITA with bajanplums. I've done my *dry* rollerset (rollerset w/out washing first) like this with GREAT results. :yep:

If you want curl, real curl, you'll probably need to mist it. Try mixing up a moisture mix of water, a little oil, a little cond.(VO5), a leave in, etc.

I moisturize it each section, add my Healthy Ends, roll and then mist (I don't soak it) with my moisture mix. You can sit under the dryer or do this before going to bed.

hth-

~op~
Thank you ladies I will try this!!!

DangerouslyShy said:
I wanted to get a curl, but I dont want to wash my hair...Could i just mist it with some leave in and put the rollers in that way?

This is what I do Dshy. :) On dry hair, I spray Infusium 23 leave-in (half Infusium and half water in a spray bottle) all over my hair but not a lot. Then I put a little QP Elasta Mango Butter on my ends and I roll it up. I sit under the dryer, but here's my regimine:

1 1/2 hour (medium to hot setting)
30 minutes (cool setting)

I use sponge rollers w/end wraps (I like tight curls). And the results are Ohh laaa laa!! :love: I hope this helps you. :)

sugaplum said:
This is what I do Dshy. :) On dry hair, I spray Infusium 23 leave-in (half Infusium and half water in a spray bottle) all over my hair but not a lot. Then I put a little QP Elasta Mango Butter on my ends and I roll it up. I sit under the dryer, but here's my regimine:

1 1/2 hour (medium to hot setting)
30 minutes (cool setting)

I use sponge rollers w/end wraps (I like tight curls). And the results are Ohh laaa laa!! :love: I hope this helps you. :)
Thanks sugaplum...ill pick some of the infusium up...i can use it when its diluted but when its not its a nono...

DangerouslyShy said:
Thanks sugaplum...ill pick some of the infusium up...i can use it when its diluted but when its not its a nono...

Ohh gurl you ain't neva lied on that one!! :lol: It makes my hair really crispy. :nono:

I've rollersetted on dry hair before. I mainly proceed with rollersetting my hair like I would with wet hair. I may not use as many rollers as I would on wet hair. I spray each section with either oil sheen or S-Curl (very sparingly) and roll each section up with a magnetic roller. I still would get a nice curl to my hair. HTH!

I mix aloe vera gel and Kemi oil together and apply it to a small section of my hair then roll that section before the hair gets krinkly. I do the same thing over and over until I have all of my hair in rollers. I go to bed with the rollers and when I wake up in the morning my hair is dry without having to use any heat.

If your hair isn't bone straight, you could try pin curls overnight. Even when my hair has lost a lot of its curl, if I pin curl overnight, it comes out great.

I do it all the time, just as I would with a normal wet set. I just saturate my hair with the Motions Nourish, and it doesn't come out as bouncy as if I had done it wet, but it still has a soft feeling and some body and movement.

Starian said:
I do it all the time, just as I would with a normal wet set. I just saturate my hair with the Motions Nourish, and it doesn't come out as bouncy as if I had done it wet, but it still has a soft feeling and some body and movement.
Your hair grew so fast...it looks great!!

THnak you for all the advice ladies im going to go do it right now...

Back