How do YOU rock your wig?

Isis77

So, I've been considering getting a wig for the winter as a protective style (my Kinky Twists have been fun but I am missing running my fingers through my hair :ohwell:).

I'm at a loss for what kind of wig to get, where to find a good one that won't cost both an arm AND a leg (what with the Economy and all....) and most importantly, how to pick out a wig that won't look......well, like a wig on me! :lachen:

So I was wondering if some of you ladies could post some pics of how you wear your wigs and where you found your favorites and how you wear your hair under your wig. Thanks for the help ladies!!!!

P.S. I'm especially curious about half-wigs. I've heard about them but I have yet to SEE how to wear one. So if you have pics of that, please post those too!!!! Thanksss!!!!

I have a couple of pics of half wigs in my fotki. Ateyaa on youtube actually has some fairly decent tutorials on halfwigs...check them out.

I haven't yet found a wig that doesn't look wiggy on me. My mom has, but I can't seem to find one. I love my half wigs!!!! They are an INSTANT glamorizer and cure for bad hair days. I wore one 9 weeks post (the week before I relaxed) and I got a ton of compliments on my style. Usually the 9th week is when I pull out the "not so cute" clothes...LOL But with the easy and versatility of a half wig, my bad hair days are kept at a minimum.

here's a short wig I gave blond highlights too and wrapped and curled also Human Hair

Attachments

• wigwithblondhighlights.jpeg
    wigwithblondhighlights.jpeg
    15.3 KB · Views: 23
- one of my other faves - but short - also human hair.

Attachments

• cutiecurls.jpg
    cutiecurls.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 14
  • cutiecurls2.jpg
    cutiecurls2.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 13
wow! nomoweavesfome, those DO NOT look like wigs! where did you get those?! (they look great! :grin:)

And thanks arr1216 and Camandzay, I will be checkin out those fotkis and those youtube vids!

Please keep the pics coming ladies!!! Thank you!!!

all of em - from the local BSS - majority of the times they are the oes that look like crap on the dummy. youjust have to have an eye on what you can do to em on YOU. That's why I love human hair wigs, besides they last forever. I still can rock those wigs and a couple of them are like 3 years old.

I like wearing half wigs. I usually purchase the Sensational brand or the Quick Weave Brands.

My favorite one is named Emily (from Quick Weave). And I most definitely love to wear ANYONE for Sensational. You can go to your local BSS or www.hairsisters.com. They have a lot of variety.

Here Are A Few of Mine In the first Pikistrip. All are syntheic and half wigs:

Last edited:
I love hairsisters.com. I just found my looong half-wig the other day. I need to get a few more. I just bought headbands, and ponyclips to go with them.

I rock mine only when I have nasty newgrowth. Underneath I rock it either in a wrap or a ponytail at the back of my neck.

Back