Votes: 2 3.0%
  • I use an Herbal / other Rinse.

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • I don't think about it.

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

Lucky's Mom

Hello all!

I use Cold Distilled Water for my final rinse on Wash days - And I have noticed a great improvement in my hair....
What do you use ladies?

Cool tap water. For some reason, I swear that it causes less hair to shed when I detangle...

I have a water filter on my shower head. I use cold water.
CG! I was looking into a water filteration system for my sinks and shower JUST FOR MY HAIR! You'd think I'd do it for health!LOL! But I have a water cooler. I use cool tap water but most times I use cool distilled water whenever I remember to buy some. I pour over a big bowl and repeat.

I keep an empty gallon bottle of Poland Spring next to my shower. For my final rinse I fill it with ice cold water and add ACV. I don;t measure but it's less than 1/4 cup to a gallon of water.

If I have herbs that are about to go bad in the kitchen I boil them and make a hair tea. I do this most often with thyme but i've done mint, and parsely too. Pretty much anything I eat is fair game. I'd rather use it to nourish my hair than throw it out.

I usually just do a warm water rinse. I try to do cold whenever I can stand it. I've been meaning to try distilled water for the longest time, just never got around to it.

sam.........what benefits have you noticed from the distilled water?

Hey Poka..........

Well, I have noticed softer hair..... I am sure we have hard water here in The San Fernando Valley ( L.A.)

But I have noticed much softer and less frizzy hair.

I do a final rinse with cold tap water. It's the blood flowing in my scalp, closes my cuticles, and seals in my deep conditioner (or so I believe).:grin:

Cool water-or as cool as I can stand it. I should have been doing this a long time ago-especially over the summer!

I use cold tap water. Once in awhile I'll use distilled water but I usually forget to bring it to the sink with me. I do not generally rinse in the shower. My skin is highly sensitive & any product that runs off my hair & touches my skin causes me to itch and break out. So I did not mark anything in the poll since it specifically delineates shower usage.

BTW, I started rinsing with cold because in the steam challenge, Sam, you mentioned to make sure your final rinse was cold, so I just got in the habit of always doing that.

After I wash in the shower and deep condition, I do my final rinse with tap water at the sink with cold water. Cold water definitely seals the cuticle and makes detangling much much easier and my hair is also a bit shinier.

I do a final rinse in the shower with warm water. Actually the water is kinda hot, i can't stand being cold.:perplexed

CG!!! you are so lucky....I wish I had a filter.....:missu::missu::missu:

I got mine from home depot. It was very cheap. They deliver online. You can have it shipped from the nearest store (via request online) so that it can get to you faster. They're much cheaper than the other ones I see online, at $19.97 yes you do have to eventually change out the filter (every 6 months), but it's so worth it. It was so easy to install, and I noticed an IMMEDIATE difference in my hair (softness, less breakage). Water does make a difference. Anyways here's the link to the home depot site. They have the ones for shower and tub, but this link is for one of the shower ones:
http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs...3&productId=100092139&N=10000003+90401+502379

Back