How do you prevent your hair from being too oily when moisturizing?

bajanplums1

Heavy Handed with the moisturizing?

I have fine hair, but dry hair. I air dry my hair after every wash. When it dries it has a wavy/curly pattern although I have a relaxer. The only way for my hair to straighten out is to apply moisture. I normally apply elastaqp mango butter with a bit of aphogee essential fatty acids oil concentrate, then I place the hair in magnetic rollers. The results are smooth straight hair with sealed ends. However, for the first day or 2 the hair is oily to the touch. I run my fingers through it and my cuticles get a conditioning. However, if I don't apply the oil/butter blend to coat the strands root to tip then my hair is dry, frizzy, tough to comb through and breaks--like when I used liquid leave ins.

Anyone has advise on this? experienced this? thanks!

Last edited:
I also have fine 4a/b relaxed hair and have that problem after I moisturize. I was finding that 1-2 days after doing a great roller set... the curls would fall limp from the essential oils and WGO.

What worked for me: adding a tablespoon or so of the oils to my hot oil treatment or deep conditioner instead of adding it during my wet set or air dry technique. Then I can add a little of the oils to my hair every day instead of weighing it down while it is wet or air drying . With fine hair... I find that a little oil goes a long way. I'd use the essential oils for the hot oil treatment and deep conditioning and using the Mango butter when hair is dry to moisturize.... and the oil a day or two later.

---------------------------------------------------------
"Don't take your miracles for granted because you are used to good things."

thanks, when i wash this weekend i am gointy to try cutting back and using the oil subsequent to drying. thanks.

thanks, when i wash this weekend i am going to try cutting back and using the oil subsequent to drying. thanks.

Yes, cutting back on the oils should work fine. I put my oils on my hair while it is still damp (and after my leave-in), then rollerset to straighten and airdry. No oily or greasiness at all.

Back