How do you prevent the white stuff when using gel?

TopShelf

Sewing & Growing Gamma Gal
EVERY time I use ecostyler gel my hair turns white. I always use it with a leave I but never get good results. I have 2.5 jars of this stuff and I would hate to throw it away.

How are you guys using it?
Are you using it with a leave in?. If so, which leave in?
Which do you apply 1st the gel or the leave in?

All replies are greatly appreciated

The leave in depending on what kind is causing it to turn white imo. This happens to me. I usually use as little leave in as possible and try to let it dry a bit before applying gel.

And then put oil, then the gel and more oil on top. If I skip every thing else I make sure I seal the gel with oil before tying it with a scarf. But leave in and gel can cause a creamy white mess.

Apply on really wet hair and distribute well. I apply in the shower so that I can dunk my hair under the water for a second to help work the product through and dilutes it. Use a good moisturizing leave in underneath it that doesn't curdle/react with the gel. Currently I use Oyin Hair Dew without issue, but I've also used Kinky Curly Knot Today without issue.

eco will react badly to certain ingredients or products that is in your hair. It can be a moisturizer, leave in, and oil...whatever. If it leaves a white streak then it can't be paired with that product. you just have to keep using different combos to see what it will and will not react to

Back