How do you Prepare for Salon Visit?

virtuenow

What do you guys do in preparation for your salon visits. Do you pre-poo, deep condition, do a protein treatment. I'm thinking of pre-pooing using Chicoro's recipe since I always do this before I shampoo and its worked wonders for my hair. I spritz my hair w/aloevera juice mixed w/jojoba/castor oil and then slather on extra virg coconut oil. Is it okay to walk into the salon like this. I don't want the visit to rouine my progress (natural getting straightened)

I see my stylist every 2 weeks to have my hair straightened but I got in the habit of washing and blow drying before I go. My stylist prefers it that way, I'm in and out of the salon pretty quickly most times, it's cheaper and I can do my hair the way I want.:grin:

I think it really comes down to the salon/stylist. I normally wash and DC my hair before visits. My stylists will trim my clean hair. But I can bring my own stuff as they are very flexible.

My original stylist wasn't having any of that. So, I would ask first or wash/condition the day before.

I'll do a prepoo. Usally with oil on the scalp and a protein condish on the hair. Then they'll wash it, but I'll do a moisturizing deep condish while I'm there.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Great question, OP. I am at the end of a long transition (2 or 3 in. of relaxed ends left). I have straightened 4 times during the transition and everytime I went to my stylist. He is simply amazing and with him in my life a relaxer will never compare. So, I prepare for the direct heat by Dc'ing overnight every weekend for 4 weeks before my appointment. The weekend before I henna and then DC overnight. The night before my appointment, I prepoo with EVCO and then apply DC (I always use Kenra Deep penetrating). I show up for my appoint w/ DC still in my hair. He usually washes and conditions my hair before blow drying and flat ironing.

I don't go to the salon anymore, but I always detangled before I went because I knew they'd pull out the rat tail comb on this thick huur :nono: I didn't know about the benefits of protein treatments back then, I'd definitely do that!!

ps) One LHCFer says she brings her seamless detangling comb to the salon for her stylist to use :yep:

Where are you guys finding stylists that let you bring your own products & tools?? And beyond that, how do I find someone who will let me come with my hair already washed, conditioned and blowdried??? That would be a dream. I asked a stylist and she absolutely objected, my goodness. I wonder if anyone in IL or St. Louis area will allow me those privileges!

Oh, and thanks for the replies thus far!

I wash and deep condition before I get there.

I let my hair air dry, so when I'm getting my weave put in she usually blow drys my hair & her blow dryer gets my hair more manageable than my air dryed hair.

Where are you guys finding stylists that let you bring your own products & tools?? And beyond that, how do I find someone who will let me come with my hair already washed, conditioned and blowdried??? That would be a dream. I asked a stylist and she absolutely objected, my goodness. I wonder if anyone in IL or St. Louis area will allow me those privileges!

Oh, and thanks for the replies thus far!

If you don't mind leg work, doing a number of consultations first without setting appointments. For me, I found my current stylists as a lucky stroke. Of course I only use her for trims/dustings and coloring. As it turns out, I asked if I could bring what I needed. She not only said yes but invited me to come anytime or before/after washing my hair, etc.

But true be told, not all stylists are like this for a number of reasons. So consider that you may have to ask around for awhile before you find someone that is willing to work like this.

Back