How do you pineapple?

starchgirl

Usually I use a satin crunchy to pineapple in a single ponytail at the top of my head with the curls facing toward my forward for my braid and curls. Using that method, I can get 4-5 day hair.

I've been trying wash and go's this Summer and my regular pineapple technique stretched out my curls and I tried something new. I used two banana clips - I used one banana clip to do the regular technique on the back 3/4 of my hair. I used the second banana clip to cross wrap the front 1/4 section and clip it in the middle. The teeth in the banana clips hold the hair without over stretching my hair.

How do you pineapple or preserve your curls?

I still haven't got this down packed. It just ruins my hair. Stretches it too much but will try it in 2 more weeks or this week

The first few days after I set (maybe 4-5) I pull it all to the top of my head, wrap a scrunchie around once then sleep on a regular pillowcase. No scarf.... and satin pillowcases make me sweat too bad. I do scrunch a tiny amount of argan oil on my ends and the parts that are frizzy before I pineapple. (the first 2 pics)

Once the curls start to drop and loosen, I just pile it all on top of my head (no scrunchie) and let it hang out the side. This time I use a scarf. (last pic)

My sets last 2 weeks. Shooot, I washed Friday and wore my hair out once put it in a pineapple and it's still like that. I kinda like it as a style. :)

Last edited:
The first few days after I set (maybe 4-5) I pull it all to the top of my head, wrap a scrunchie around once then sleep on a regular pillowcase. No scarf.... and satin pillowcases make me sweat too bad. I do scrunch a tiny amount of argan oil on my ends and the parts that are frizzy before I pineapple. (the first 2 pics)

Once the curls start to drop and loosen, I just pile it all on top of my head (no scrunchie) and let it hang out the side. This time I use a scarf. (last pic)

My sets last 2 weeks. Shooot, I washed Friday and wore my hair out once put it in a pineapple and it's still like that. I kinda like it as a style. :)

I was about to say some pineapple so good it looks like a style. I would wear it as a style

Last edited:

lulu97 do you only seal for those two weeks or moisturize as well? Because I notice even moisturizing a little bit causes frizz. Curls could be good but the frizz makes it look sloppy

lulu97 do you only seal for those two weeks or moisturize as well? Because I notice even moisturizing a little bit causes frizz. Curls could be good but the frizz makes it look sloppy

Nope I either use an oil or moisturizer...never both. First week is argan oil, 2nd week a moisturizer. I've been using like a nickel amount of Shea Moisture masque ( in gold jar for my entire head) Emulsify in hands, scrunch on ends, rub hands together and break up the roots and slide leftover down length. One application lasts until wash day.

I think how it comes out depends on the length of your hair, if it's shorter the pineapple method would make your curls straight esp at the back.

Okay @ Lilmama1011 but still won't try it on my own hair. I don't want to do anything to it until it's at APL or longer. Will look though.

This is how I pineapple: I put my hair up using a scrunchy, tie a scarf around my head to lay down edges, Baggie puff, and then I put a bonnet over my entire head. I love this method, my hair is never tangled or dry in the morning.

Attachments

• image-1487317946.jpg
    image-1487317946.jpg
    346.4 KB · Views: 47
  • image-3205976459.jpg
    image-3205976459.jpg
    349.8 KB · Views: 49
  • image-3118769010.jpg
    image-3118769010.jpg
    354.1 KB · Views: 46
  • image-1745320641.jpg
    image-1745320641.jpg