How do you officially report bad salons/ incompetant stylists?

Lovelylocs

who do you report them too?

I went to a salon today and the owner, who usually does my hair, was on vacation. Another girl who I never saw before said that she would do my retouch. I have never had someone so incompetent do my hair in my life. The perm didnt take and i am so annoyed. Finally, I told her that I would finish my hair at home. Then, the lady who was in charge for the day while the owner was away, came out and explained that that girl does not usually do my kind of hair and to come back in a few weeks and remind the owner what happened and that they would fix it. (YEAH RIGHT!!!) She said that she and the other lady who knows how to do my kind of hair were so busy that they did not realize that she was doing it. :-( she knew I was unhappy, but who can I report this too? They should not be so laid back about things. I want to file a formal report.

If the situation is severe enough, a report to your state's cosmetology licensing agency would be appropriate.

I think I will report it to the cosmetology licensing agency. It is the principle. What if things turned out quite worse? They need to understand that customers are not guinea pigs and that if u do not know what u are doing then u at the very least need to state so before you start doing it!

so how did things turn out? did you/they have to go to a hearing? did anyone have to pay any fines, were licenses suspended?

Back