How do you not get relaxer on the scalp

LovetheLord

This is an old article I found, but my question is I have used Silk Elements relaxer before and it says not to get it on your scalp too. I have never in my 10 years of receiving a relaxer or seeing others apply it saw no one get it on the scalp. How can you manage that? And putting the petroleum jelly on the scalp doesn't really do anything. Those chemicals eat through oils like no body's business. Can someone explain this to me? How can you avoid getting relaxer on the scalp.

Silk Elements, Inc. Announces Market Withdrawal of Silken Child Relaxer Kits

coreAdsCreate('wnsz_20', 'loc', '100');
pxl_trans.gif

ATLANTA, Dec. 19 /PRNewswire/ -- Silk Elements, Inc. is announcing a market withdrawal of:
373000 Silk Elements Silken Child Relaxer Kits - Regular
373001 Silk Elements Silken Child Relaxer Kits - Coarse
These two products were introduced in Fall, 2005. The kits covered by this market withdrawal are identified with the following indications stamped on the top of the carton packaging:

Best By 09/08 ( Photo: http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20051219/CGM054-a ) Best By 10/08 ( Photo: http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20051219/CGM054-b )
Silk Elements, Inc. has determined that consumers may find the instruction leaflet packaged with these products to be confusing due to component lettering errors. These errors could result in a skin and eye irritant being applied directly to the scalp. As a result, Silk Elements is withdrawing these products, sold only through Sally Beauty Supply stores in the U.S. and Canada, from the market to correct the instruction leaflet. Notice of this withdrawal will be posted in all of the stores.
Consumers may return the product for a full refund to any Sally Beauty Supply store. Information on the return is available via a 24-hour, toll free phone number -- 866-404-3062 -- or from any Sally Beauty Supply store.
( Photo: http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20051219/CGM054-c )
Disclaimer: Information contained on this page is provided by companies featured through PR Newswire. PR Newswire, WorldNow and this Station cannot confirm the accuracy of this information and make no warranties or representations in connection therewith.

I haven't seen it done either no matter how cautious the application is. I think it's a kind of CYA disclaimer that the companies insert for their protection in case somebody claims scalp damage.

I agree most likey it's a CYA thing but I always thought they put it in there meaning don't intentionally part your hair and place the chemicals on the scalp. You know like greasing your scalp but with the perm. You can base and do your best to only keep it on the hair but it's almost impossible to do this. I think they just want you to know it's not a product for the scalp. :look:

Once you start smoothing, it is going to get on the scalp. Anyone who says otherwise is a liar. That is why basing is so important to minimize exposure.

Oh OK, its basically CYA. Damn that's messed up, so they know that it will come into contact with the scalp, and defintely damage it. Money over people I guess.

Back