How do you measure growth precisely

dahllia

I condition wash my hair every other night and I spray distilled water mixed with a little Dark and Lovely Citrus Braid & Sheen Spray every day through out the day. Because I am off for the summer, and I dont go out much these days, I have the luxury of keeping my hair in 4 twists every day, pinned up, I want my ends protected from air as much as possible. Every morning I undo my twists and rub kemi oyl especially on the ends then pin them back up for the day. My hair responds well to this and my last touch up was May 15. It's kind of hard to see where new growth is because my hair is wavy from root right into hair that I am sure is still relaxed, meaning that the relaxed hair is wavy too ( I guess cause of all that moisture with the distilled water spraying and condition washing. What do any of you guys use to measure growth? Is it just measuring with a ruler the new growth from your scalp or is there another special method? How do you know when you have an inch or two of new growth. Sorry for the silly questions, Im just trying to get myself together here to establish what works for me. Then hopefully I will be able to share my sucess with you all. Im trying to grow my hair an even 28 inches all around front and back. (Sound's crazy, yet I have to see if I can) But I dont know what I am capable of growing per month yet because this is the first time I am acutally paying attention to growth on a monthly basis. I see some here have obtained atleast 2 inches in one month and attributed it to an all around healthy diet with lots of water, vitamins and exercising vigerously and great hair care. Well.... that's me all summer long. I need to see once and for all if this can actually be done. Sorry for the rambling. Any answers would be greatly apprciated thanx.
scratchchin.gif

I am also stumped, that is why I never post measurments. I have so many numbers.

Maybe a senior "clubber" will answer.

mrsdst

i don't. when i first started, i'd measure every month. my hair stayed the same length for like 6 months doing that. i was obviously measuring wrong even though i was sure i wasn't. fortunately i had also been taking photos when i'd measure. the photos said my hair was growing while the measuring didn't. so i stopped measuring and just used photos to track my progress.

[ QUOTE ]
i don't. when i first started, i'd measure every month. my hair stayed the same length for like 6 months doing that. i was obviously measuring wrong even though i was sure i wasn't. fortunately i had also been taking photos when i'd measure. the photos said my hair was growing while the measuring didn't. so i stopped measuring and just used photos to track my progress.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sounds good to me. I think I'll take that route...Now if only I could find that camera of mine. Thanx

Back