How do you ladies got your rollersets so smooth?

curlcomplexity

formerly qtslim83
:grin:O.K. so I'm getting better w/ the rollersetting, YAAY! However, I can't seem to get them smooth enough. After my henna treatment, my hair reverted a little so when I rollerset, it's a little wavy. What can I do to get them silky smooth? TIA!

:grin:O.K. so I'm getting better w/ the rollersetting, YAAY! However, I can't seem to get them smooth enough. After my henna treatment, my hair reverted a little so when I rollerset, it's a little wavy. What can I do to get them silky smooth? TIA!

Cantu shea butter leave and Garnier soft cream curl :thumbsup:. Also make sure your hair is soaking wet before you put it on the roller. It also helps if you apply your leave-ins to each section of hair right before you roll them :yep:

After applying your products ( I use Giovanni Direct LI & Aveda serum) section each piece. Be sure to comb all tangles out and make sure the hair is smooth & flat on the roller. As you roll down..pull..roll..pull...roll..pull. This will keep the hair taught & pull the waves straight as you roll. HTH

don't know if my rollersets are always silky smooth but i've gotten a whole lot better with practice. the most important thing for me is making sure all strands are on the roller and not bunched up on the sides or something... and making sure the ends are perfectly smoothed onto the roller which means it needs to be wet...

Thanks ladies for the tips! One other question though. My hair is thick, how small should I make the parts? I tried an inch, but it leaves alot of hair on the roller.

Thanks ladies for the tips! One other question though. My hair is thick, how small should I make the parts? I tried an inch, but it leaves alot of hair on the roller.

i do 1/2inch sections. If I do an inch my hair takes too long to dry. oh, i agree with chocDiva about the oil, i add castor oil to my ends and that really helps.

don't know if my rollersets are always silky smooth but i've gotten a whole lot better with practice. the most important thing for me is making sure all strands are on the roller and not bunched up on the sides or something... and making sure the ends are perfectly smoothed onto the roller which means it needs to be wet...

I absolutely LOVE your hair...how do you get it like that?

To get smooth results, my hair has to be really wet and I sometimes use a measuring comb (a fine tooth comb) and then I rollerset my hair in very small sections. FOr me, this allows my hair to lay smooth/straighter

I use Elasta qp silk thermal designing liquid it gets my hair pretty straight
This is what it says on the bottle

Thermal Design Lotion, more like a liquid; Great for finger styling, wrap setting or creating soft curls on damp hair; protects against damage when drying hair

QP silk is excellent for roller sets, blow dry styles, curling iron work, and creates the foundation for full-bodied and lasting styles

From my experince the products will only help with the softness, shine, hold, increase drying time ect. To smooth the hair & eliminate waves or curls your techinque is key. As I mentioned before make sure your hair is wet & taught on the roller. As you roll down pull up every few rotations. Make sure it's not too tight though. I hope this makes sense. Sorry for the lack of punctuation...im typing this on my phone.

Last edited:
Back