How do you know when your hair is dry?

AllAboutMoi

Silly question, I know. When you do a roller set, twist out, braid out, etc. how do you know when your hair is really dry? I am under the dryer with my braid out. When I feel and kind of squeeze the bottom of my braids it feels cool but there is not any moisture on my hand. When I feel the top of them (closer to the root) they are warm. Does that mean the top is dry and bottom isnt? Or the top is too dry and the bottom is just right?

strangely enough, i usually can't tell if it's dry by the way it feels but only how it looks. when i take out a roller,it's dry if the curls spring back up (doesn't look limp at all). if i'm airdrying, i can tell if it's dry by how puffy and light it is, you know not stringy or weighed down looking which means it still has water. if you are under the dryer, the top is prob just warmer because it is closest to the heat source whereas the bottom is not so it's cooler, don't think that has anything to do with dryness.

Bump

The only way im sure my hair is moisturized is if i use a glycerin moisturizer like carefree and airdry...because my hair feels really really soft. I just learned about the cold test, and when i touch hair airdryed & moisturized with glycerin, it always feels cold to the point where i think it might be wet, but its not, and no moisture or product is on my hand unless i over did it.

But im confused when i cant use a glycerin moisturizer, like if im flatiroing and have to use a water or regular moisturizer, because nothing else makes my hair as soft.

So right now, the only way i know hot to tell is if its cold like you stated., not sure if it should feel really soft or anything

I think you should wait awhile after coming out the dryer, maybe the next morning, to feel your hair and see if it is warm or cool, but it could very well be that the hair is closer to the warm air up there and is dryer.

Back