How do you know when something is for you and that its gods will?

latebloomer

I'm new to lhcf, i'm also new to embarking on a stronger and closer relationship with god. I have my own ideas and ways in which i intend to do so, so for all those who are in a more regimented and strict relationship with him or religion, please dont judge me.

I just wanted to know how do you kow what gods will is? my friend has told me to pray and i have and intend to continue doing so, but my problem is what is a valid sign, it could be a career change a partner a job etc.. how do you know whats in gods will for you.

I think thats the part that confuses me, if i apply for a particular job and i get it, is that a sign. If a man i've had trouble and strife with asks to marry me does that mean its god's will cuz he never asked me before.

Can someone share experiences or enlighten me please...

Thanks

I just wanted to welcome you!!! :wave:and give you all the support
in a closer walk to discerning God's will

though I've undoubtedly been blessed
I am still in prayer over this question myself
and look forward to the answers :yep:

I can say seven components which without....I'd be lost

the Bible,
a wonderful church ...
prayer direct and intercessory from others
alone time with God in silence
fellowship with other Christians
knowledge and gratitude Christ died for me on the cross
whisperings of the Holy Spirit

all can help lead to to building a faith..being more open
thus to receive knowledge by virtue of entering in personal
intimate relationship with God

Last edited:
I think that the place you start off really is the Bible. That's a really general place to start for something specific, but first and foremost before asking God's will about anything, we have to make sure that our lives (and this specific thing) are in accordance with His commandments and priorities, etc. As you grow more deeply in the knowledge of His will and character by reading the Scriptures, you'll only become better and better at immediately discerning what does and doesn't fit with His character.

For more specific things I think a good thing to remember is that if the Lord wants you in a particular place and wnts to make sure that you go there, He will make that unmistakably clear to you. If He doesn't seem to be saying anything clearly, then you are free to choose, so long as the decision is in accordance with His commands, with wisdom, and fits in with who you are as a person.

I know that's general advice, but there really isn't a formula. It's just about growing in wisdom and understanding and knowledge of Him, and sensitivity to the inclinations of the Spirit. But He is with you every step of the way and is ordering your steps completely. And I think that kayte gave a really good list about the different things that help us to discern his will. Blessings.

I think that the place you start off really is the Bible. That's a really general place to start for something specific, but first and foremost before asking God's will about anything, we have to make sure that our lives (and this specific thing) are in accordance with His commandments and priorities, etc. As you grow more deeply in the knowledge of His will and character by reading the Scriptures, you'll only become better and better at immediately discerning what does and doesn't fit with His character.

For more specific things I think a good thing to remember is that if the Lord wants you in a particular place and wnts to make sure that you go there, He will make that unmistakably clear to you. If He doesn't seem to be saying anything clearly, then you are free to choose, so long as the decision is in accordance with His commands, with wisdom, and fits in with who you are as a person.

I know that's general advice, but there really isn't a formula. It's just about growing in wisdom and understanding and knowledge of Him, and sensitivity to the inclinations of the Spirit. But He is with you every step of the way and is ordering your steps completely. And I think that kayte gave a really good list about the different things that help us to discern his will. Blessings.
Agreed, especially the bolded. In reading the scriptures, you'll be amazed at how you'll get to know the character of God.

Back