How do you keep your hair stuff organized

Junonia

I have rollers and bobby pins all over the place. I keep my combs, brushes and clips in a caboodle in my room and my products in the bathroom. I am looking today for something to organize all of my hair stuff. Any suggestions? How do you organize your stuff and where do you keep it? Are you anal about keeping your hair stuff organized?

I have all my products in 2 medium sized colorful plastic baskets right by my wash area. I got them from the dollar store. I have one rollerset bag, that I got from a giftset full of makeups and perfumes, and I use one of the little make up bags from that for my roller clips, as well as bobby pins and small rubber bands.

SvelteVelvet said:
I have all my products in 2 medium sized colorful plastic baskets right by my wash area. I got them from the dollar store. I have one rollerset bag, that I got from a giftset full of makeups and perfumes, and I use one of the little make up bags from that for my roller clips, as well as bobby pins and small rubber bands.

That sounds like a good idea. I buy bobby pins and roller clips practically every other week b/c I am always loosing them.

Ineedhair said:
That sounds like a good idea. I buy bobby pins and roller clips practically every other week b/c I am always loosing them.

Yeah, I got tired of that too. So now I'm really meticulous about putting them back in their bags as I remove them after a rollerset. I put the rollers inside the big bag and the smaller bag of clips inside the big bag too. That way I'm not going crazy looking for anything, and it looks like a purse, I hang it right on a door knob when I'm done. And those baskets come in handy, and I need to go get a third because it's over flowing. I keep poos & pre-poos and treatment stuff in one, conditioners & rinses and leave-ins (mostly dominican stuff in another) and I just pull em out and put em back in as I use em. I keep daily moisturizers and spray sheens and oils on top of the mirror in my bathroom.

Im anal about keeping my stuff organized i cant lie:lol: I went to Target and got those plastic pull out storage units that has levels..u might can find them at walmart to..I got some boxes and containers for the smaller things too

:lachen: Organized?! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!:lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

:look: ... Oh, i thought that was a joke.:look:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ETA: Where ever things fit under my sink and in the linen closet (the whole thing is mine).

Last edited:
Oh yeah, I gotta keep my hair stuff organized. I got one of those stackables too! Mine has three drawers and is on wheels. I think I paid about $15 dollars for it at Walmart. I have one drawer for combs, brushes (even though I don't use them anymore) and all kinds of clips which I too keep in small makeup bags (man that's funny we are so much alike). One drawer I keep scarves and bonnets, plastic caps, and basic satin scrunchies, one drawer I keep smaller bottles of oils and hair products like WGO and bottles of stuff I throw together. This slides underneath the vanity in my bathroom and out of sight. My hair accessories are in another colored plastic bin with flaps that fold and latch. My big bottles are in large colored plastic bins and stored in my closet. Is this really anal, I just thought it was organized!;)

I have 3 rubbermaid bins:

1 for appliances (blowdryer, flat iron, etc)
1 for rollers (and a plastic baggie to keep the roller clips in)
1 for everything else (each type of thing has a baggie, ie, bobby pins, good hair days pins, plastic duckbill clips, metal ones, hair ties, headbands, etc)

Now products are just stuffed under my sink, but I have an inventory sheet (Thanks to the PJ challenge) that I use to keep track of everything.

ETA: I keep my combs and clips that I use often in my bathroom drawer. Brushes go in the big bin, too.

I also use plastic storage bins. I purchased flexirods and bought a long pencil case at Staples for a buck - they fit perfectly and the case is opaque, so I can see inside, and it snaps closed. I also use the plastic show boxes with tops to keep rollers - different sizes in different boxes. I bought small plastic containers of various sizes for differnt types of hair pins and clips and scrunchies.

For my powders - shikakai, hibiscus, silk peptide, etc. I purchased colored glass containers from Cost Plus World market - they were surprisingly inexpensive at 2 and 3 dollars each. They have a good closure (like for preserving jams), so the powders stay fresh and will not degrade by being in the light. And my grandson can't open them.:p That child proof deal is an issue with Mr. Curious - I can open it around.

For my bottles of stuff like silk amino acids and panthenol, i ordered glass pipettes from Snow Drift Farms - they fit perfectly and makes measuring and using a breeze. These bottles I keep in a little chest I found of Big Lots for a couple of bucks as well.

Finally, for the shampoos and conditioners, I put clear nail polish and a couple of shower caddies including the screws, I put them on the back wall of the tub over the tile. This keeps everything right in the shower where I need it. Of course, I did have to threaten my 14yo with death if she put her mits on my Phyto. But a mom's got to do what a mom's got to do.

As you can see, I an more than a little obssessed with keeping all of y products organized and put away. Partly that is because I spent so much blinking money for them, and partly because I like them neat.

A lot of stores have really pretty hat boxes in different sizes that you could use for storage and decoration at the same time. And always check IKEA if there is one near you - they have great and very inexpensive storage solutions. Fabric and craft stores are also good places to look.

I got a little carried away here, didn't I

I keep mine in the linen closet. (The linens have been banished to drawers:ohwell: )

I think at some point I will graduate to those stackable Rubbermaid containers that have the pull out drawers. A lot of the MUA girls use those to store their cosmetics.

newflowers said:
For my powders - shikakai, hibiscus, silk peptide, etc. I purchased colored glass containers from Cost Plus World market - they were surprisingly inexpensive at 2 and 3 dollars each. They have a good closure (like for preserving jams), so the powders stay fresh and will not degrade by being in the light. And my grandson can't open them.:p That child proof deal is an issue with Mr. Curious - I can open it around.

I got a little carried away here, didn't I

Oohhh! Love this idea! Mine are just stored in colored plastic shoe boxes in my closet. I might have to steal this one! I don't think you got carried away....you are on point! We buy a lot of stuff on here and we gotta keep it tight!:lol:

Thanks - I don't mind spending the money, after spending it I want to make sure I am good about keeping up withh all of this stuff.

I went to Lowes and bought one of those cheapie cabinets. It was about $34, but it was well worth it. I have a lot of stuff, so the cabinet keeps all that stuff organized and I put it in my closet. For my accessories and appliances, I have one of those carts w/ the drawers. I'm an organization freak, so I have to be organized with my stuff.

kittenz said:
:lachen: Organized?! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!:lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

:look: ... Oh, i thought that was a joke.:look:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ETA: Where ever things fit under my sink and in the linen closet (the whole thing is mine).

:lachen::lachen::lachen:...okay I'm that way too. I am trying to get better!!

I have two of bins that come with 3 or 4 drawers stacked in them (you can get them from wal-mart). However, I have one drawer dedicated to my bobby pins, hair clips, ponytail holders, etc. I place all of those seperately in their own ziploc bags. Love me some ziploc bags!

ljbee said:
I have two of bins that come with 3 or 4 drawers stacked in them (you can get them from wal-mart). However, I have one drawer dedicated to my bobby pins, hair clips, ponytail holders, etc. I place all of those seperately in their own ziploc bags. Love me some ziploc bags!

That sounds like a good idea too. I was going to the container store to get some items but I think I will go the 99. store first. It's time for me to get organized.

I have about 6 canvas drawers in my linen closet labeled: Conditioner, Shampoo, Protein, Leave-ins etc. I keep the products I use on a daily basis under my sink & the poo & conditioner in the shower. All hair accessories are in my top vanity drawer.

I tried the basket/tray thing...I have too much stuff and it kinda didnt work for me.

I keep my rollers in a plastic bin and my roller clips in tupperware that I keep in the bin with my rollers. Those are the only things that I KEEP organized.

My Caruso set is in a bathroom drawer with my Chi, WeeChi, straightening comb, and crimp iron. Caruso set is about the only thing that comes out :D

I just recently bought this 7 drawer cart on wheel from Walmart... I will FINALLY be organized... sad thing is I have the cart sitting next to about 9 trays of hair supplies empty.. I will put it in there... someday :lol:

artemis_e. said:
I have 3 rubbermaid bins:

1 for appliances (blowdryer, flat iron, etc)
1 for rollers (and a plastic baggie to keep the roller clips in)
1 for everything else (each type of thing has a baggie, ie, bobby pins, good hair days pins, plastic duckbill clips, metal ones, hair ties, headbands, etc)

Now products are just stuffed under my sink, but I have an inventory sheet (Thanks to the PJ challenge) that I use to keep track of everything.

ETA: I keep my combs and clips that I use often in my bathroom drawer. Brushes go in the big bin, too.

I like the baggy idea.

ladies I am ashamed to say that I store majority of my things in plastic bags. After reading this thread, I am going to buy some plastic storage containers this weekend.

I have a plastic storage caddy that has 4 drawers and is on wheels. I keep my combs, hair toys, shears, scrunchi's, hair pins, daily oils and moisturizers in that caddy. My products, heating cap, and such are in my hall closet on one shelf.

a tool box/cabinet with wheels and a magnetic strip attached for clips and barbie pins. and additional hooks to hang bags of rollers from.

Shampoos are in the linen closet. Rinse out conditioners are in a shower caddy. Deep conditioners and hair appliances are in a 3 drawer shower caddy. Moisturizers are in a drawer, oils and combs in a showr caddy on top of the dresser. Rollers are in a bag and hair toys are in a old baby wipe container.

I have a drawer, a two shelf cabinet, and a plastic rolling bin with four drawers, and a bag.

In my drawer I have all my brushes and combs.

In my Cabinet top shelf I have all of my after washing products, moisturizer, setting lotion, end creams,etc.

The bottom shelf I have all my treatments and shampoos.

In my rolling bin I have a drawer for rollers, a drawer for appliances, a drawer for scarves.

Then I have a bag with hair accessories.

You ladies are so organized:lol: . I bought some more hair gadgets home yesterday and DH said stop buying more hair Sh*T, you have no where to put it:lol: . I've decided to go to the Container Store and buy some storage items for my "hair sH*t".

I have a dark wicker cabinet with drawers. My mom got it from pier one and gave it to me when I went to school. There are three drawers and it's not very large, soit can't hold much which curbs my pjism.
The top is for products I use daily moisturzer, gel and spray bottle.
First drawer is brushes and my extra makeup
second drawer is shampoos and combs
last drawer is conditioners, and hair products I don't use often, protein treatments, and shampoos and conditioners that have seen better days.

My mom installed drawers beneath the sink. If that's an option I would recommend it if you have a large sink counter.

Last edited:
FlawedBeauty said:
orga-what? i got crap everywheree. i try and organize it but that only lasts for about two days.

:lachen: :lachen: :lachen: ...That's my problem too. I keep stuff organized for a week and then it's out the door.

Back