How do you keep your buns looking neat?

asubeauty

It seems like every time I bun, my hair starts out all cute and neat looking, but as soon as I go outside and the wind blows, I have little hairs coming out of my bun, and my edges are popping up.

I've tried holding my edges down with EQP Glaze, EQP Mango Butter, and Olive Oil Lotion Moisturizer (in the bottle) mixed with gel... they always pop up. And I've tried to secure my bun with hairpins and some knockoff Good Days Hairpins... they never work.

I've seen ladies with beautiful buns. What are your techniques? Do you bun a certain way or use a certain product??

TIA

I do mine while my hair is wet, or still damp. Smooth it with a little leave in conditioner, and it usually stays put. If you are doing it dry it may help to spritz it a little with water. You may even try smoothing your edges with a little aloe gel.

Softresses

I swear by Sally's Beyond the Zone Stiff Head. It's a styling stick made largely of castor oil and it helps keep hair in place. There is a thread on it if you do a search. I like to brush the product in with a toothbrush. :)

Back