How do you guys feel about Nexxus Therappe?

Soul♥Flower

I'm trying to see how this stuff is working for anyone else. I used it once with my elastaQP DPR and Sunsilk Hydra TLC. The results were amazing. However, I'm starting to think it wasn't the shampoo that made my hair so soft becuase now that I'm using my regular conditioner again with the Therappe, my hair has been dryyyyy. I even tried it with a different deep conditioner, my hair was dry, dry, dry some more. Now, nothing compares to my Optimum Care Triple protecting shampoo when it comes to detangling and softness; not even CON, so I wasn't expecting a miracle...but dag I wasn't expecting this either. It feels like old matted up doll hair.:perplexed

Anyone else think this moisterizing shampoo is a crock of hooey???

I bought it a long time ago and didn't like it at all. It left my hair feeling dry and stripped. Phyto Organics Theratin is a lot better IMO

I use it, I love it! I have the 33oz size and keep it in my shower stall. LOVE IT! Oh, did I say, I LOVE it? :grin:

Sorry it doesn't do anything for you.:(

I hated it. At first it was okay, but after a while it started making my hair tangle too much. I ended up giving it to my friend.

I use it and I like it. I use the old formula. I haven't tried the new formula since they put it in the drugstores. I hear it is not the same formulation now.

Last edited:
I've used Therappe for a while and like it. It works well for me, but like Nelli I like Nexxus Phyto Organics Theratin(Extreme Moiature Shampoo) a lot better. The Theratin is very moisturizing.

Man on Man. This shampoo has been my staple all throughout my growout period. I can't get enough of nexxus products. This and emergencee and keraphix have been my staples.

Wow I can't believe I crossed over back here and made a post. I't been ages.

michelle3147 said:
Man on Man. This shampoo has been my staple all throughout my growout period. I can't get enough of nexxus products. This and emergencee and keraphix have been my staples.

OT - michelle3147 - YOUR HAIR IS AMAZING! What an inspiration!
:notworthy

I don't like it. It gave me build up and didn't seem to clean my hair properly.
I had a litre of it lying around so I recently tried it after stripping colour and it worked nicely then.
So, I'll use it after clarifying, bleaching and other harsh hair things. I don't think it is effective enough to use by itself (on my hair anyway).

Co-signing on this. Maybe it's time to clarify.
january noir said:
I use it, I love it! I have the 33oz size and keep it in my shower stall. LOVE IT! Oh, did I say, I LOVE it? :grin:

Sorry it doesn't do anything for you.:(

Look @ that hair girl, grow on! Just lovely!
michelle3147 said:

I used to use it all the time. But I am looking for a change now to see if I can get more growth and thickness. I used the humectress as a hair grease for years. But, I noticed that the product does work differently with different types of water.

When I lived in Hawaii, the water is very soft over there and the Nexxus products worked great. But, when I moved back to the states I noticed a change. There was really hard water where I lived at that time and it did seem a lot drier than usual. And now, since I have moved to NC and am on a different water table, there was still a difference and it worked just fine.

Those were just my observations.

Hot Garbage! My hair was a tangled mess!

Natureline that fro is fabulous!!

Michelle your hair is looking great!

I'm glad I read this, I was thinking about getting Therappe. But now that I've read all of the negative reviews, I don't think I'll be getting now.

Back