How do you get your rod sets to hold?

kandegirl

Hey ladies,

I've taken down by braids/weaves and finally gotten another perm. I'll update pictures soon. It's shoulder length now. To make sure I don't mess up the progress and to further help my hair, I'm wearing a rod set. I didn't think I would like it a first w/ just my hair but it's kinda cute. But it's only been one day and it's already kind of frizzy. It was soft to begin with eventhough I used Lottabody. So my question is, what do you all use to keep your sets firm and frizz free? And how do you wear you hair at night?

Note: I used Kenra shampoo/conditioner, fermodyl, fantasia IC serum, little NTM leave-in, Kemi Oyl to separate. slept in a satin bonnet.

For the rod set in my fotki album I used ORS Wrap/Set Mousse. The set lasted about 6 days. I have also used diluted lottabody setting lotion or Pantene Relaxed and NAtural Wrap/Setting Spray. All have made it possible for my rod set to last a minimum of 5 days.

To keep frzzies away I add a little serum to my hair while its damp and make sure my hair is totally and completly dry before taking the rods out.

Back