How do you get your hair to fit under your wig?

pinkchocolatedaisy

This is really frustrating me. None of my wigs stay on my head! I pull my hair back into a bun and throw on a stocking cap and then my wig. Well my hair poofs up and the cap comes off my hairline and the wig won't stay in place! So my real hair is exposed. I didn't have this problem when I was relaxed and I was fine when I did the bc and even a few months later. I know my head didn't get bigger lol so what gives? Its like the wigs won't fit over my head- or should I say hair!

I had the same problem. I don't wear my wigs all that often these days, but I did a lot after I first BC'd. No way it will fit now unless my hair is in twists. The fro is a no-go.

Cornrows would probably be better though, but I've yet to learn that too.

Dang lol I gotta learn how to cornrow.

I had the same problem. I don't wear my wigs all that often these days, but I did a lot after I first BC'd. No way it will fit now unless my hair is in twists. The fro is a no-go.

The cornrows do NOT have to be perfet at all. No one will see them!! As long as the hair can lay down on your hair

If you want you can try to do big flat twist, like two stranded twist. just braid the ends of them so that they do not unravel

I plait my hair in 4 big braids.. think color purple(lol) and then I tie my hair down with a scarf

I wrap my hair too, I can't cornrow. It works well because if I decide not to wear my wig or take it off later, my hair is already styled. :)

I put my hair in a bun while it's wet and then do it. If you line the stockin ap on the edge of your hair too, then it won't slip. It's like your hair is so soft it just slips, but the stocking material will keep it taught.

Your hair is so beautiful.

Back