How do you get that scarf to stay on at night!?!?!?

NYLegalNewbie

So...I guess the title of the thread pretty much tells you my question.

But, yeah, how do you keep that stupid satin scarf from slipping off at night???

Re: How the f*&$ do you get that scarf to stay on at night!?!?!?

im having the same problem

I tie a cotton one down on top of it. Works like a charm.

I wanna know tooo! :nono:

How did I sleep in TWO tie up scarves (Doorag style), and a satin bonnet and all 3 of them bishes were scattered across the bed this morning? Hair all exposed...:wallbash:

Please, share your secrets!

I especially like the cotton/rayon blend ones.

I find that sleeping with a silk scarf on top of a silk pillowcase works. never slips off

I use a do-rag. I find that the double wrap of string insures that it stays on my head. Scarfs, no matter what (or how many layers I use) ALWAYS come of my head.

My scarf stays on at night. It's 34" x 34". I bought it from tenderheaded.com.

When I tie it I lay the scarf over my head so that 2 corners of the scarf are at my shoulders, 1 corner is at the center of my back, and 1 corner is in the middle of my chest. I take the side corners and tie them in the back in a double knot. I leave the back corner hanging down. I pull the front corner up so that I can see, but I keep the scarf low on my forehead, just above my eyebrows. It doesn't come off when I'm sleeping. I hope that helped. I don't have pictures.

You sound pissed! :lachen:

I use a silk scarf triangled and tied in the front. Then I put a satin bonnet on over it then pull it back off the forehead a little so that the front knot of the scarf is exposed but the hanging loops from the bow are still under the bonnet.

It's a little hiked-up in the back by morning, but it stays on 98% of the time.

That's the bonnet I use, too. The one that ties. :nono:

I use either a large scarf or a doo rag type scarf. Either way, the scarf is tied two times around my head. My head is damn near mummified when I get done.

ETA: Plus, if I'm wrapping my hair I will put on a wrap scarf underneath the larger scarf or doo rag.

Last edited:

I just bought a drawstring bonnet. I was debating getting the stay on satin but opted to get the drawstring instead. We'll see if that stays on tonight. . .:look:

I FINALLY found the solution for myself! I accidentally purchased one of those silky round thick hair nets from Sally's. I put that on first and then put on my scarf. My scarf stays on and my hair comes out so much better b/c my edges stay smooth and everything stays in place.

This picture is not the exact one that I have but it kinda looks like this:
http://www.sallybeauty.com/Thick+Hair+Net/SBS-347540,default,pd.html

I tie the mess scarf over my satin scarf. Then I put a satin sleeping bonnet over those two as well.

After I tie my satin cap on I put on one of my boyfriends wave caps. Scarf never comes off.

I use a silk scarf and it has never come off. I also have a satin pillow case as well.

I tie a cotton one down on top of it. Works like a charm.

I thought i was the only one who did that! My SO thinks i'm crazy for putting on so many scarfs.

I put on the silk or satin one first and then the cotton one over it for two reasons. To keep it on my head and to absorb some of the oils that still seep through the silk and may get on my pillow.

I even tried tying 2 SILK scarfs around my head and its still too slippery. I have to use a cotton one.

I thought i was the only one who did that! My SO thinks i'm crazy for putting on so many scarfs.

I put on the silk or satin one first and then the cotton one over it for two reasons. To keep it on my head and to absorb some of the oils that still seep through the silk and may get on my pillow.

I even tried tying 2 SILK scarfs around my head and its still too slippery. I have to use a cotton one.

Exactly! Even if I wear the Stay On Satin bonnet, I tie on my cotton one on top. Stays on AND no juices and berries on my my pillow. :yep:

My scarf stays on at night. It's 34" x 34". I bought it from tenderheaded.com.

When I tie it I lay the scarf over my head so that 2 corners of the scarf are at my shoulders, 1 corner is at the center of my back, and 1 corner is in the middle of my chest. I take the side corners and tie them in the back in a double knot. I leave the back corner hanging down. I pull the front corner up so that I can see, but I keep the scarf low on my forehead, just above my eyebrows. It doesn't come off when I'm sleeping. I hope that helped. I don't have pictures.

yup similar to what i do. scarf doesnt come off. Once in a blue moon. but 90% of time..no.

Yea mine always comes off and end up on the floor:look:. Putting a socking cap over it helps.:yawn: I find that I can no longer sleep without something tied around my head.:rolleyes:

I use a do-rag. I find that the double wrap of string insures that it stays on my head. Scarfs, no matter what (or how many layers I use) ALWAYS come of my head.

That's what I started doing. I noticed they don't give me a headache either like the regular scarves because I don't try to tie them so tightly.

Back